Zigbee devices no longer pairs with Xiaomi Mi Home Hub

Hi there! So I’ve run into abit of trouble with my new Aaqara curtain motor where the motor will no longer pair with the Xiaomi hub. Not so much a homeassistant issue but since I know alot of you guys are using Xiaomi devices I thought maybe someone knows how to fix my problem.
First time I set it up the curtain motor paired just fine and showed up in homeassistant but I just couldn’t control the motor in homeassistant only in the Mi Home app. So after a while I thought I’d try to remove the device from core.entity_registry and also from the Mi Home app. After removing it from the Mi Home app it simply will not pair again. I’ve tried everything from resetting the hub to reinstalling my android app but nothing seems to work. Thing is that it seems like the motor is pairing with the hub since as soon as I start the pairing process in the app the blinking blue light stops on the motor but it just won´t find it in the app.
Been on this for hours so would really appriciate any help!

UPDATE:

After some more tinkering I’ve now come to the conclusion that I can not add any new Zigbee devices to the hub. I tried to add a new motion sensor and a door sensor which neither could pair with the hub.
All of my previously added devices work just fine but I can’t add any new ones?
A family member accidentally reset the hub the other day after which I had to readd it to the Mi Home app and I updated the firmware(1.4.1_164.0143) this morning, could this have something to do with it?

Perhaps it helps to read this thread on problems with the november firmware.

The firmware (1.4.1_164.0143) sounds of a later date, but perhaps you can find any clues there.

Thanks for your answer!
I did also find that thread but the problem for those guys seem to be not being able to connect to the hub through the network which I have no problem with. Every thing works as it should I just can’t add any new devices :frowning:
Clicking the hub button three times to add devices doesn’t work either.

You didnt add anything after unparing motor? 30 devices is max for one hub.

How many sensors do u have paired? There’s a limit.ran into same issue and bought a second gateway which solved my problem

Thanks for your answers guys! I probably should have mentioned that I only have 9 devices paired to the hub. No other devices where added.

which snesor makes difficulties? did u try resetting the sensor. did u also pair without the app or only with ?

Don’t recognize your problem, sorry. Never had this problem with pairing and also no experience with the curtain motors. It sounds like something is left behind in the Mi environment which prevents a new pairing.

I had about 20 devices connected to the xiaomi gateway, but it started misbehaving in nov-dec and it was so annoying that I was forced to quickly move over to the zigbee2mqtt solution (which I already intended). Now I have everything moved over and also expanded the number of devices and are quite happy with the stable situation.

My xiaomi hub/gateway is still there but only for experimentation.

I’m now also considering moving over to the zigbee2mqtt solution but it would be great if I didn’t have to.
As I mentioned before I did try to pair a Aqara motion sensor and a Aqara door/window sensor which did not pair just as the curtain motor didn’t. Since then I also tried to pair a Aqara wall switch button which didn’t pair either. All of these devices are brand new and haven’t been paired before except the curtain motor which I’ve reset several times.

EDIT:

Also I have tried pairing without the app both using home assistant service command and also manually tapping the hub button three times.

Sometimes it helps people with nasty xiaomi gateway problems to do a factory reset and to re-pair all devices from scratch, but this is not a very convenient solution.
A factory reset method is described here but is rather complicated. Anyway, if it helps then it’s worth the effort. Good luck.

Thanks again for trying to help!
I would love to try a factory reset but it doesn’t seem possible?
I can not find how to do it in the link you provided. I have tried holding down the hub button for 5 and 10 seconds which only seem to disconnect it from the app. When reconnecting it again all the devices is still there so that does not seem to be resetting the hub to factory settings.

EDIT:

Sorry! I was on my phone and for whatever reason I couldn’t see the relevant post to the thread you linked to.

I will try the factory reset method described. Thank you so much!

I can not add Zigbee sensors since I updated the firmware of the Xiaomi gateway. Current version: 1.4.1_164.0143. The sensors work correctly. I have deleted a temperature sensor and I can not add it again. I have 2 gateways. One I have restored from the factory. It happens the same. The Zigbee sensors can not be paired. I am using the My Home app, Android version and Ipad version.
I hope they correct the firmware. Is it possible to go back to an earlier version?

Hello and thank you for contributing to the thread!
I’m sorry your are experiencing the same issue as me although I must say, it is a relief to know I’m not alone.

When you say you did try the factory reset, do you mean that you did the complicated version where you also unplug the hub in the reset process? I haven’t actually yet tried that one because I think it will be very time consuming since I’ll probably lose all my sensors then.

In order not to lose my configuration in the Gateway, I used a second Xiaomi gateway. It was new, I plugged it in and updated the firmware. Then I tried to pair Zigbee sensors (Mijia and Aqara), thermometers, vibration detector, etc. Impossible. Restart the Gateway by pressing the button for 5 seconds. I think that’s enough because that Gateway was new and had never had any device paired. I suspect that if I had not updated the firmware, the pairing would have worked.

Indeed! Thanks again, then I will just wait for xiaomi to fix this disaster.

EDIT:

I’m guessing you also using mainland China as location? Maybe Xiaomi are trying to block us from using these products outside of mainland China with the new firmware?

Yes, I am using China mainland server. Yesterday I tried to change the server and I put Singapore, USA, etc. and in no case could I pair the Zigbee devices. I have also suspected that Xiaomi does not want us to use its servers from outside of China. Hopefully not the case, but with the Chinese you never know. For example, I have a Yi 1080p camera that could previously connect to the My Home app, but now it does not recognize it and only works with the Yi Home app. We will wait a few days.

Yeah that would suck if that where the case.

I’ll try setting evrything upp through a Chinese VPN later tonight and see if that works.

Please try to pair the device without the mihom app. Instead use this method: Adding New Xiaomi Aqara Sensors - a quick trick I didn't know (without using the app, post-setup)

Hi and thanks for your answer!
I have tried this method several times I’m afraid :confused: