Zigbee devices no longer pairs with Xiaomi Mi Home Hub

I just tried connecting my phone to a China VPN and then set it to AP mode with the hub connected directly to it, same reslut though with no new devices paring :frowning:

I’m facing the same issue… gateway not able to recognize any new aqara sensors !!!.. I think We’ll need to wait for a firmware upgrade hopefully soon…

Thanks for writing Rony! So your on 164 as well?

Yes… same version

I just notified the firmware update to version 1.4.1_164.0143. I have updated and I have just paired a Zigbee temperature sensor and an Aqara Vibration. No problem. What a relief. Problem solved.

Did you have to do something differently to pair them miguelrl ??

What a relief indeed!

Also just updated the firmware on the hub FROM 1.4.1_164.0143 TO 1.4.1_164.0158 and now everything works as before.
No special pairing method needed you can choose either paring from the app, pushing thee times on the hub button or send the service command from HA.

1 Like

I have not done anything different either. The sensors have been matched as always. With firmware 1.4.1_164.0158 everything works fine. Since I have two hubs, I will never update both at the same time.

Glad to hear that’s working again !!!.. I’m trying to check for firmwares update but the app is telling me that I already have the latest version (1.4.1_164.0143) my setup is mainland China as well. Any idea why I’m not getting the update?

187/5000

The latest version is 1.4.1_164.0158. This morning is when the notice appeared and I updated. There are no later versions. In my case, in addition, some plugins have been updated.

I have made a mistake. I wanted to say that the last version that has been updated this morning is: 1.4.1_164.0158 and everything works. I suppose the updates will be done step by step according to geographical area or countries.

Have the same problem. No any newer firmware.

I also got prompted about the firmware update(1.4.1_164.0158) earlier today and evrything works again after updating.
I have it set to mainland China but i live in Sweden.

1 Like

Firmware updates are rolled out slowly. Just wait a few more hours/days.

Guys, do you really have 1.4.1_164.0158? Today I received 0158 update. But now I have 1.4.1_161.0158 and not 1.4.1_164.0158. Are you using Mi Control hub which is lumi.gateway.v3?

Thats what it says in my mi home app and I’m using the lumi.gateway.v3

wow, that’s really interesting how it could be like this…

And can you tell how is now about new sensors connection?

The sensors are matched as always, with the Mi Home app. The button is pressed for about 5 seconds, until the LED flashes three times and the gateway confirms that it has detected it.

Dear miguelrl, that is clear that version 1.4.1_164.0158 is stable now, thank you. But my question was about version 1.4.1_161.0158 mentioned early.

Well, now i am near the control hub and have some experiments. Short conclusions:

• the MiHome app said wrong info, telling the firmware version to update is 1.4.1_161.0158. Cause after the update process MiHome show that new installed version is 1.4.1_164.0158
  • after updating to version 1.4.1_164.0158 my new sensors like aqara motion sensor are fully paired at the first attempt.
    Well, the problem is solved!