Zigbee devices occasionally responding very slowly or not at all

Dear all,
I have some strange behaviour of HA that I still couldn’t figure out. I’m using HA on Raspi 4B 2GB with a ConBee II USB Stick. Connected via Zigbee are approx 70 devices (Switches, Lamps, thermostats and sensors). Usually it’s all working fine, automations are working as they should, latency is very slow.

But: quite often the devices are reacting very slow, meaning that after pressing a light switch the light switches on after several seconds (sometimes more than 10-20 seconds later) - or not at all. Figured out that it’s not the switches, as it’s the same via the web interface or the app. Load on the CPU is very low.
Without any changes some time later it can be all good again without any latency whatsoever.

My assumption is that it has something to do with the Zigbee communication itself, but have no idea to diagnose what’s wrong - not talking about fixing it. It just doesn’t make sense as mostly it’s working fine.
Can the Zigbee mesh be too busy if too many sensors are sending messages all at the same time?

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help!
curzon

1 Like

Did you ever figure out the issue? I’m dealing with the same thing.

Hey there,
actually I did find a solution. After I replaced the SD-Card in my Raspi the problem was gone and never reappeared. The card should at least have A1-rating, better A2. Most standard SD-cards don’t have that.
Again: After changing the card the problem vanished and it’s running ever since without any flaws.
Hope it helps you as well. Which card do you use?

Mine is running on a VM on a Ubuntu always-on laptop.

I wander if the unresponsiveness has to do with disk speed?