Zigbee dimmer refusing to be added - yet 13 identical siblings are thriving on the mesh

I have been installing ELKO zigbee dimmers (SmartDim vri Uni 200W RS PH - ELKO) in my home, and have successfully added 13 of the same kind already. This one dimmer however is not showing up and I am absolutely flabbergasted as to why it is not being discovered and added. It is located 5 cm from another dimmer of the same kind that should be acting as a repeater

My setup:
• Running on a raspberry Pi with Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle (2 floors away, so signal probably not the strongest here – but plenty of signal-repeating dimmers nearby)
• Currently 32 zigbee devices in the mesh – 10 battery-powered sensors and switches, 22 powered signal-repeating dimmers and dimmer pucks

This is what I’ve tried so far:
• Adding it the way I usually do, via /zha/add
• Adding it via the closest dimmer, “add devices via this device”
• Resetting the dimmer
• Having the electrician replace the dimmer with a new dimmer, in case it was a faulty HW device

Has anyone experienced something similar? If yes, how did you solve it? I will soon be bald from scratching my head on this mystery

Hi, welcome to the forum!

AFAIK battery powered devices don’t function as repeaters anyway and I’m not sure about the dimmers either.

Does the dongle put a limit on the number of devices it can support? The number 32 is a bit suspect in that context, being an integer power of 2.

Is it the E or P dongle?
I found this for the E version: “* Max direct children: 32.” from SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus-E - SONOFF Official

Hello, I have the same problem.
Thermostat - Works well,
Dimmer, SmartSwitch, Temp/Hum - does noe show in the Zigbee search.
Using: SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus V2