Zigbee Dongle Migration issues (ZHA Failed to set up)

Having some challenges with a recent Zigbee Radio migration.

I had been using the HUSBZB-1 dongle for both Zigbee and Z-Wave in my home. My Zigbee network started to behave erratically so I decided it was time to upgrade and get a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0. I’ve kept the HUSBZB-1 to continue controlling the Z-Wave network, but now using the Sonoff for Zigbee.

Using ZHA, I followed the Migrate Radio process to point my existing Zigbee network at the new radio. Everything seemed to work. No migration issues. Followed every step. After a few minutes, my devices began to work again and many of my previous stability issues seemed to be resolved.

However, now every time I have to restart Home Assistant, ZHA fails to load. And gives errors which say it Failed to Set up.

If I use Migrate Radio, I can run through the process again and get my network back up. And it stays that way, stable, until the next time I have to restart Home Assistant. Then ZHA fails to load again.

Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. ZHA may be gett

One step that is haunting me is when I originally migrated to the Sonoff, for the step where HA suggests you remove your previous Zigbee controller, I left it plugged in since the HUSBZB-1 is doing zwave. Wondering if I should try again and unplug it during this process.

In my logs,

Error setting up entry Zigbee ZHA for zha
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py", line 665, in _skip_bootloader
    result = await responses.get()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/queues.py", line 159, in get
    await getter
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError
Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:185 
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues) 
First occurred: 3:24:24 PM (3 occurrences) 
Last logged: 3:24:52 PM

Couldn't start ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 coordinator (attempt 1 of 3)
Couldn't start ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 coordinator (attempt 2 of 3)
Couldn't start ZNP = Texas Instruments Z-Stack ZNP protocol: CC253x, CC26x2, CC13x2 coordinator (attempt 3 of 3)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy_znp/api.py", line 665, in _skip_bootloader
    result = await responses.get()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/queues.py", line 159, in get
    await getter
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError
[0xE4F7:11:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_CHANNEL_ACCESS_FAILURE: 225>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>')]
[0xE4F7:11:0x0300]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.MAC_NO_ACK: 233>'), DeliveryError('Request failed after 5 attempts: <Status.NWK_INVALID_REQUEST: 194>')]
[0xBC0D:1:0x0202]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError()]
[0xBC0D:1:0x0008]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError()]
[0xBC0D:1:0x0006]: async_initialize: all attempts have failed: [TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError(), TimeoutError()]

FWIW I’ve tried this but same result. Anyone have any thoughts on next steps for triage? It seems like the HUSBZB-1 is stuck as the first choice controller for ZHA after startup.

Any solution? I have the same problem…

Hi @gershte - apologies I didn’t see your question until now. I did solve it but it’s not what you’re going to want to hear.

Ended up rebuilding the zigbee network from scratch with another dongle. It wasn’t a hardware issue as the old dongle is working for another HA instance. So rebuilding the network was my solve.

Thank you for your answer! But the problem solved by itself when HA Core was upgraded to March version. Now I can restart the instance and getting all my zigbee devices back automatically! But anyway thank you very much for the help and it is good to know that your system working normally again.

Glad your back to normal and it finally got fixed.