Zigbee Integration Card: restart configuration, missing delete option

Finally, I managed to “see” the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 Dongle plus after installing specific USB drivers on my Synology DSM 7.1. HA is running in a VM on Synology.

Using the integration card (UI) seemed to speed up my setup but then I mistakenly hit the wrong option “Restore from file” (or something similar) and now I am in a trap, can’t break out :frowning: . The CONFIGURE button always shows the following dialogue:

I am stuck, I thought I can start all over again by deleting the integration card.

But the “Delete” option misses too.

What can I do?

BTW-1
(a) one wrong click at the beginning of the setup => no way back, and (b) a missing delete option are worth a feature request, right? Where can I post this?

BTW-2
For those interested in adding the USB driver to Synology: See Step 8 in Synology: How to Add USB Support on DSM 7 – Marius Hosting. This seems to be the most simple way, because you don’t have to work on the console, you just have to add a package from the “Community”.

Anybody out there that can guide me to delete the integration or start all over again.

Any configuration file I can access, manipulate or delete?

Looks like restarting core with an unfinished integration deletes the integration again from the list?

Is this supposed to be the normal “exit” if nothing else helps (at least it solved my current problem?

What do you mean by ‘start all over again’. As I understand from you description and the screenshots you share you have done that.

And yes, you can’t delete a discovered integration. You could hide (ignore) it - which doesn’t seem to be your intent. Ok thats just partly true, you could take HA the posibility to see it (not the above mentioned ignore!) which would “delete” it. A simple Unplug of the device could maybe take HA this posibility.

Otherwise you could simply click on configure of the discovered integration and the configuration dialog should start from the beginning. But I can’t see that you tried it or you just doesn’t described doing so. If indeed this doesn’t work trying to force-reload the UI (clear cache) or as last resort restart core mostly do the trick.

Hi @aLMa ,

I clicked on Configure many times, it just prompted the dialogue to enter a restore file. I unplugged the device etc.

As I wrote like 1 to 2 h before your post, restarting core did the job, the Zigbee integration is gone => which I wanted to achieve.

But now I have another issue, none my 2 USB devices is visible anymore. My opto coupler reading the energy meter was working flawlessly for almost a year.

I was expecting some hassle with competing USBs in ttyUSBx enumerations after adding the Sonoff. Right now, nothing is working anymore, quite frustrating.

Well, I guess that’s another story.

If you are running this in VM - have you made sure to ADD devices in VMM after unplugging them? They will be removed from there when you unplug them.

Hi @BeardedConti ,

yes I did add them again.

Right now a new observation: it makes a difference on which USB port on the Synology I plug the Sonoff.

If I use a rear port I get the following error while mounting:

If I use the front port all looks good.

$ lsusb
|__usb1          1d6b:0002:0404 09  2.00  480MBit/s 0mA 1IF  (Linux 4.4.180+ xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller 0000:00:15.0) hub
  |__1-1         0403:6015:1000 00  2.00   12MBit/s 90mA 1IF  (FTDI FT230X Basic UART D307SHQH)
  |__1-3         10c4:ea60:0100 00  1.10   12MBit/s 100mA 1IF  (Silicon Labs Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus 0001)
  |__1-4         f400:f400:0100 00  2.00  480MBit/s 200mA 1IF  (Synology DiskStation 65007952F3CA6025)
|__usb2          1d6b:0003:0404 09  3.00 5000MBit/s 0mA 1IF  (Linux 4.4.180+ xhci-hcd xHCI Host Controller 0000:00:15.0) hub

In the DSM terminal, 1-1 is the opto-coupler (with id 0403:6015) and 1-3 the Sonoff (with id 10c4:ea60)

Should I - at this stage - already see 2 ttyUSB in the /dev folder? Because it is only 1 ttyUSB0.

$ ls /dev/ | grep USB
ttyUSB0

In HA, right now I cannot see the opto-coupler anymore

Before I started playing around with the Sonoff, it used to look very satisfying (second one)

Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0403:6015
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0627:0001
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002

2 days ago, after having re-added the devices in VMM, I thought restarting the core another time would help. But it didn’t. And restarting the core takes ages, so I cannot do this every 5 minutes.

Finally, which place is it in HA to list the serial devices? One year ago it was

hassio host hardware

but that doesn’t work anymore.

In one sentence: I have no clue at all what is left to try out.

Issues solved.
CC: @BeardedConti

I redid the whole procedure described in Synology: How to Add USB Support on DSM 7 – Marius Hosting another time.

The guide says, there is no need to reboot the NAS. But rebooting after the whole procedure was actually the missing step - at least in my case.

By the way I followed your (@BeardedConti) guide on youtube Flashing Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB dongle plus and Home Assistant guide - YouTube. I highly appreciate your work and contributions to the community. Do you consider adding a hint to “Marius” approach to your guide? My hope is that by the fact that USB drivers being a Synology Community Package now, the package will be maintained and updated if necessary without the need to go back to the console.

1 Like