Zigbee Lidl SilverCrest firmware updates

Hi,
I bought two smart plugs from Lidl one year apart, and the newer one exposes much more features. Since the model is the same I suspect it is matter of firmware.

Checking on zigbee2mqtt it is written that they support OTA, but I use ZHA therefore I have no automatic updates for this brand.

Does anyone know where to manually download the firmware? Standard search queries failed me.

Thanks!

Are they the (exact) same hardware revision? Might be the older stuck on the old firmware for ever if the vendor didn’t backport it.

Good point, I’ve double checked the labels and the version number is different.
Still, it would be nice to know where to download the firmware updates.

The only way I used in the past (no silvercrest devices) was the vendor apps of the manufactures to update my former zigbee devices. In fact most devices actually never even got an update (but bugs and missing functions they had). Today I’m happy and 100% zigber free and my esphome wifi devices can be updated directly from ha and all work the same without any bugs for me.

Yes, closed hardware has this issue. I have a few esphome devices too, but I like the separated network which doesn’t rely on my wifi router to work.

I’m hoping for zigbee support in esphome now that new ESP32 (C6 and H2 if I recall correctly) support this network too.

There is OTA support in ZHA only for IKEA, LEDVANCE/OSRAM, SALUS/Computime, and INOVELLI devices.

But I like to have updates for LIDL devices as well. But where to get them?

I wrote to the LIDL service an email, because I had problems with there zigbee devices. But they simply wrote, what they can guarantee that there products work with all other zigbee gateways. I should use a LIDL gateway…

Firmware upgrades are done automatcally in the Lidl Home app (if it still is in Lidl mode…)

Current FW version for gateway HW v2.0.1 (version with USB-C power connector)
WiFi v1.2.18/Zigbee v1.0.9

Gateway HW v1.0.2.7 (Micro USB) has the same versions as above as well I see.

Did you in the end figure this out? I also today realised that my smart plug might support power metering (at least by the device name), but I didnt figure out yet how to update the firmware without lidl connection/app…

In case you got it working: which revision numbers do your devices have?

My power plugs updated with Zigbee2MQTT.

ah, thanks. I also just checked on their website, turned out my model is really the one that only supports switching, no power metering… :-/

no, but I’m considering trying zigbee2mqtt for other reasons too and see if it works from there. I don’t want to buy the lidl gateway just for updates.