Zigbee light keeps turning on

I have a pair if sengeld rgbw zigbee lights on my garage and just tonight I noticed one of the two lights was still on when I got home from work. Weird but I flicked it off from the HA frontend and it responded immediately and turned off. Within two minutes it was back on. I repeated this process about 5 times. After this I updated my deconz and hassio to the latest to see if that fixes it and no luck. I’m running 9.8.5 and deconz 3.6. Any suggestions as to what could cause this?

Do you have any automations that will turn that light on?

I do have an automation (node red) that turns that light and two other lights on at sunset and off at 2245. Nothing has changed in the automation and it’s been working flawlessly for months now.

is there anything in the logbook about any action by HA that indicates it turned the light on?

It’s possible there’s something wrong with the bulb itself or the socket it’s in. Try switching the socket each bulb is in and see if the issue persists. If you have the same issue with the other bulb when you do this, then it’s probably the socket.

Also check the state history of the bulb–do you see “unavailable” at all? Could indicate an issue.

I didn’t see anything in the logs just the state changes but not what was causing it.

then it definitely sounds like a possible hardware malfunction as @Tediore stated above. I have Sengled Classic bulbs and they will be manually forced on if the switch is turned off then back on. So a flaky socket could do the same thing.

1 Like

Any news on this? I’m facing the exact same situation which is really a nuisance.

I have an Osram Smart+ Outdoor plug connected through Deconz plugin in Hassio. It has been running flawlessly until the last HA update (0.104.3). What happens now is that if I manually turn the switch off in HA it automatically turns itself back on within 2-5 minutes!!!

I have not changed anything apart from upgrading HA. There is nothing in the logs to indicate why the switch turns on and there is no event/automation/script firing either.

As I have the car heater connected to the plug this is a real problem for me: instead of having the heater run for a short time before I get in the car it now runs all the time (apart from the 2-5 minutes after I manually turn it off)

Any suggestions? (Of course I’ve tried deactivating all automations but the problem still exists) I guess the only way forward is to downgrade Hassio and Deconz.

I ended up getting a USB extension cable for my deconz stick and haven’t had a problem since. I’m guessing it was a weak signal.