Zigbee lights (Sengled) delayed status after HA Restart (post .114.3)

I have two of these Sengled A19 zigbee lights, integrated with the standard ZHA integration, they have been working flawlessly for quite some time. Since i upgraded to .115, whenever HA is restarted, these bulbs status is initially set to “off” though the lights are on. If I wait 5+ minutes the status will eventually update. Or I can toggle the switch from lovelace to “on” manually and that syncs the status. This is happening to both bulbs, and was never an issue prior. I also have 2 zigbee wall plugs (peanut plugs) but those status is shown immediately after the entity is available after restart.

I know the status were updated quickly before, because I have two other Tasmota switches configured as lights that use MQTT that I did a lot of testing on because they also take ~5 minutes to update after restart, and during the testing I specifically looked for the status of all my lights after restart, and only the MQTT ones were taking more than the initial loading time.

my only disclaimer is I jumped from .114.3 to .115.0 so I can’t say for sure it’s .115 ( I suppose it could be .114.4)

I have this same thing happening with three different types of ZHA bulbs. Sengled (like you), IKEA Tradfri and Ecosmart bulbs. I noticed this last night when I was working on my HA config and restarting HA would show my Sengled bulbs off even if they were on (other lights were not on). Turning the light on and then off in HA made it sync up properly. I left it for a bit to see if they would sync and although they did it took some time, sometimes 15+ minutes. I tested my Tradfri and Ecosmart bulbs today and they did the same thing. I came from .114.4 and do not recall if it did the same there, however I was planning on rolling back to test and see. Will probably not get to it tonight but will give it a try tomorrow.

had same issues later updated with -115.2 it solves for a day. now again after restart HA having delayed status issues on all zha entities. hoping to resolve on next update.

I just rolled my HA install back to .114.4. Some of my lights were on prior to me rolling back, and they showed as on still when .114.4 came up. I restarted HA and when it came up those lights still showed as on. I then turned on some other lights, restarted, and everything still showed as on. So this appears to be an issue in .115. There are a bunch of ZHA issues reported on the HA git, but nothing for this specifically. I will go ahead and open up an issue once I can gather all the required logs.

yea, I saw a bunch of stuff on the issues tracker but most were related to completely not working stuff. Thanks for opening an issue I hadn’t had time to roll back to 114.4 and didn’t want to open an issue without verifying it’s related to .115.

Just curious, what are you using for your zigbee radio for HA? I’m using the HUSBZB-1. Just wondering if it’s specific to the USB I’m using or if it’s ZHA in general. I’m leaning towards ZHA based on all of the other issues.

I’m actually using that same stick…

I had been watching one of the ZHA issues on the HA git, and someone commented earlier today about the HUSBZB-1 saying they were having issues and they were told to unplug and replug the stick and reboot the host:

I have not tried this yet and probably won’t have a chance until later this week. Not sure if you can give it a try. I’m running HA in a Docker, so hopefully this will work for me.

Just wanted to circle back on this. I had not rebooted my server since this occurred, and I did so this morning. I upgraded to 0.115.6, then I unplugged the HUSBZB-1 first, then plugged it back in, then rebooted my server. After it came back up I tested turning on a light and then restarting HASS. Still the light showed off in HASS but was definitely on. Went back and found this:

So it looks like it was resolved in 0.118. I have not yet updated to confirm, not sure if anyone else on this thread has and can confirm it is working for them. I will hopefully get there sometime this week however.

Seems to be OK in .118, I’ve upgraded a few times (.118.x) and they come back up pretty much right away from what I remember. I’d kind of just given up for now and dealt with the 5 minute delay but did notice the improvement recently.