Zigbee Lock Manager

I created an integration to provide Zigbee lock management in HA. This integration automatically creates the necessary helpers, automations, and dashboard YAML to allow anyone (who can install HACS and add /packages support in their config) to quickly setup a KeyMaster-like UI for control of user codes on a ZHA keypad lock.

Disclaimer: I’m not a developer by trade, and this is my first integration.

4 Likes

Good to see this, it looks quite similar to what I’ve just written up on how I’m managing Yale Assure locks with zigbee2mqtt. Some clever person could probably combine the two.

Good timing! Given the differences here are mostly just the automations YAML and the service calls to ZHA vs Z2MQTT, it would be fairly trivial to modify this integration to support both types of locks. The flow would then create the automations based on which protocol the selected lock uses.

Adding support for syncing multiple locks would be a bit more effort.

*I also don’t have a Zigbee lock at my disposal :laughing: (I prefer Z-Wave).

I made this because I used to have some, and I manage a few HA instances for folks who do. I was always annoyed by the lack of support for ZHA locks. Like you, I had created my own set of helpers and automations in YAML I’d created to solve this, but it wasn’t easily scalable and not something less HA-savy folks could jump into. Hence I created this integration to make it simpler and easier to set up.