Zigbee Network Issues

Hi all, this is my Zigbee Network.

*Using Sonoff Pro (Texas Instruments CC1352/CC2652, Z-Stack 3.30+ (build 20210708)) with USB extension. (I have never updated the firmware)
ZHA Channel 11
Rasp4
118 Devices in Total
53 Router Devices
20 child routers coming from my Sonoff Pro.

I’m constantly having battery devices drop then they are fine… I have changed batteries and yet still the same. Id like to think i have a huge amount of routers as every light switch is zigbee powered in my house. I have also added a bunch of usb repeaters around the house to help and i do have plugs area the house.
I do have a large house so maybe i don’t have enough routers? NFI

I have read heaps of guides and i feel like i have en
My understanding is that battery devices can go into sleep mode??
Is there a way to turn that off??
Suggestions, thoughts?

Adding extra
This is what my logs say for my tuya devices

[0x2661:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=3, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))
[0x2661:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=1, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))
[0x2661:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=6, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))
[0xF263:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=1, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x01\x00\x00\x00', *payload=1)))
[0x2661:1:0xef00] No 'handle_set_data_response' tuya handler found for set_data_response(data=TuyaCommand(status=0, tsn=7, dp=20, data=TuyaData(dp_type=<TuyaDPType.VALUE: 2>, function=0, raw=b'\x00\x00\x00\x00', *payload=0)))

Here might be some things to consider check into if you haven’t already.

You didn’t specifically mentioned making sure that there was no 2.4Ghz WiFi networks sharing the same frequencies as your ZigBee channel. I would definitely check that if you haven’t.

One comment that was made in that Reddit post was concerning relying on light bulbs as routers and the chance they may get turned off. Losing any router in the mesh network can have significant affects on the reliability of the network and cause groups of devices to be unavailable.

Hey Tm
So i have no home SSD sharing the same channel

I have just upgrade the firmware on my coordinator as well,

Regarding light bulbs, i do have a few, but its very rare they get turned off. I have made sure to have more routers in the areas i have bulbs.

Ah, I hate to tell you this but Zigbee channel 11 is not the same thing as WiFi channel 11. You literally have all of that WiFi in the same range as the ZigBee channel you are using. Take a look at the chart in this thread.

1 Like

Channel 11 zigbee directly interferes with channel 1 in Wifi. You need to change wifi channels or set zigbee to around channel 22. Would be much easier to change wifi channels if your router allows it.

nah cant, the deco x20 dont have that function

damn it how did i not understand this… sigh
its easy to change my zigbee channel,. see how i go.

AFAIK, when you change your channel you would have to re-pair zigbee devices.
… so knowing you have 100+ devices, you’d need some planning.

Would recommend you upgrade FW.
… especially when you plan to change your channel.

OTOH, I would change my wifi channel to 6 and 11 if I were you, and see how it goes.
If zigbee network is still not stable, I would then consider channel and firmware changes.

Update:
Maybe this: Improve Zigbee network performance and stability with these 3 tips - YouTube

1 Like

i cant change my wifi channel, i have the Deco x20 mesh system.
Anyway, i have updated the firmware, i have changed the zigbee channel to 15
its doenst take me long to repair to be honest, just walk around with laptop. usually 2hrs to do all mains then ill do batteries the next day

Just a warning that ZigBee channel 15 still has some overlap with the outer range of WiFi channel 1. It would be highly recommended to use a channel like 20+ as @Rich37804 indicated(22).

ok change it now.

Thanks

Ok so i have changed my zigbee channel to 22.

IM on the process of pairing closet to Coordinator

I have 4 that are directly connected, but the others dont seem to be connected as a child. They are just floating. I can still control them…

They are only a few meters away. In fact one that is connected as a child is further away.

any feedback or things to try.?
maybe they are not support by the channel??

@cloudbr34k I’m not sure about your last question. However, something I just discovered that you can do when pairing your ZigBeee end devices(battery powered) is when you turn on pairing is to specify which router you want the end device to pair with. I need to go around and repair my end devices as I have a bunch that are taking strange routes through farther away routers I think because that was the nearest at the time but I’ve added new devices since.

I thought I saw somewhere that this is an option in ZHA, but I use Z2M so not sure exactly how it’s done as I’m not seeing it described on the ZHA documentation.

In Z2M when you turn on pairing I have the option of choosing which device to specifically turn pairing on for.

Hey mate

So I have changed my ZigBee channel to 22 and yeah I have paired based on closest router…so far since last Sunday no drop offs

I also updated the firmware on ZigBee coordinator

So far so good :call_me_hand:

1 Like