Zigbee on 2021.12.7

Anyone else having issues with Zigbee devices on 2021.12.7?

No errors in the log when using ZHA, but none of my devices turn on…

This happens in both Firefox and Chrome, latest versions…

Reverted to 2021.12.06 and still having the issue. Zigbee devices are showing as available, but they do not report state and do not change state when I click on them.

Seeing this error int he log, no idea if its related

Logger: bellows.ezsp
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/init.py:222
First occurred: 4:34:54 PM (7 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:37:39 PM

NCP entered failed state. Requesting APP controller restart

Also get this error, but have no idea what it means or why its suddenly stopped working…

Logger: bellows.zigbee.application
Source: /usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py:735
First occurred: 4:46:22 PM (5 occurrences)
Last logged: 4:47:31 PM

Watchdog heartbeat timeout:

For reasons I don’t understand, my zigbee setup is now working again, a few dozen reboots later and all is good.

I seem to have very similar issues: Ever since upgrading to 2021.12.7, some of my sensors have become unavailable, lamps don’t show the correct stat in HA etc. Has anyone else found a reliable way to fix this? I have reverted back to 2021.12.6 for now but it looks like that didn’t change anything for now.

What I’ve been seeing is a few of those:

Error doing job: Task exception was never retrieved

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 492, in wait_for

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/zigpy/device.py", line 296, in request
    result = await asyncio.wait_for(req.result, timeout)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/asyncio/tasks.py", line 494, in wait_for
    raise exceptions.TimeoutError() from exc

I never figured out what fixed my issues, wish I had a solution for you. I did go back to .7 and it seemed to continue to work…

I thought I was the only one with this issue. I was able to see the MQTT messages from Zigbee2MQTT using MQTT Explorer but Home Assistant didn’t respond to them. Restarted but didn’t make a difference. I then updated Zigbee2MQTT to the latest version and that fixed it.

Yeah I’m using ZHA not Zigbee2MQTT so that might have been another issue.

I recently realised that I had moved some devices from the lower floor of the house to the upper floor without repairing them. I’ve removed the devices upstairs from ZHA and repaired them which seems to have fixed my issues for now.