Zigbee plugs randomly turning off

Hi, I have a few zigbee plugs and I want them to remain turned on most of the time.
But they randomly turn off, without me pressing any buttons, I even have a childlock on them.

So I was wondering if this is normal? Maybe devices can’t always remain turned on? Since I have few more plugs and they function properly as they are not on all the time, they’re connected to lamps and I turn them on and off a few times a day.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem, or maybe you know how to fix this problem.

(Does device availbility have anything to do with this)

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Which manufacturer are the plugs from (TuYa?) and how old? If they come from TuYa, or if they are OEM, then this could be your problem:

Just read the forum and it looks like there is no fix? Did I get that right.

Yes I think they are tuya, but i have them connected via z2m

No, for the TuYa and OEM plugs there is no solution yet. :frowning_face:

Very unfortunate, at least I know the problem exists with all the plugs.

Thanks for your help! :blush:

I think the issue may be due to firmware.

Do you know how to update zigbee devices connected to zigbee2mqtt?

Firmware v1.0.4 and v1.0.10 does not work
Firmware v1.0.13 might work → Tuya TS011F (TZ3000_typdpbpg) powers off · Issue #11648 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

Sorry I haven’t made an update yet but:
Z2M is able to do updates on plugs that identify as TS011F_plug_3, but Tuya has to supply the firmware. You need Z2M vs 1.25, and put the plug very close to the coördinator, otherwise the update will take to long, or fails.Tuya TS011F (TZ3000_typdpbpg) powers off · Issue #11648 · Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt · GitHub

I’ve just run into this as well, for the plug that I’m using with my dryer.

@Mari143 You can update the firmware using the “OTA” tab in zigbee2mqtt:

Warning: It’s a bit slow, and takes about 30-40 minutes. (Zigbee isn’t a very fast protocol!)

I’m trying this now and will let you know if it fixes the issue.

Did it fix the issue?
I just gave up on that brand of plugs. And bought a few other ones.

Hi @Mari143, yes the firmware update seems to have fixed the issue for me, and our dryer has been running fine for the last few months without turning off randomly. I think these plugs should probably be reliable now, and I’m going to order a few more

If it works for you it works for you eh.
All the best

1 Like

Did you update the firmware, and are you still seeing it randomly turn off after the update? If so then maybe I just got lucky with that plug, so maybe I should look for a different brand as well. What ones did you switch to?