Zigbee plugs

I’m currently using several E1C-NB7 plugs which greatly improved my sengled light bulb issues. Regardless of what sengled tells me, these devices are functioning in some sort of extender way that the bulbs do not.

My question is, and this may be independent to zigbee plug type, I am not sure, will they still extend the network if I turn them off, not by a physical switch, but through the software? Hopefully that question makes sense. I’m not sure if i power down an entire room and the plug turns off if I’ll still be able to use the lights that are repeating through it, or can i be left out to dry?

Line powered zigbee devices generally repeat for other devices in the network if they are ON (meaning power is applied) has nothing to do with whether the load is actually switched on or off by a command. This actually has something to do with what you saw on your Sengleds.

Sengled Zigbee bulbs are a notable exception - they are SPECIFICALLY designed not to repeat for other Zigbee nodes, (funny enough because Sengled got tired of answering customer calls for range issues because of bulbs not repeating when people had switched them off by the power in the lamps - so they just skirted the issue by saying our bulbs wont repeat, done.) and as such you’ll need repeaters.

So, as long as your plug is ‘plugged in’ you’re fine.

1 Like

Thanks! I actually emailed back and forth several times trying to get this answered by sengled, and they just kept telling me over and over that the E1C-NB7 are not repeaters. I even sent them a picture of all the bulbs attaching to them, and they jsut kept saying, sorry but they do not repeat at all…lol

The bulbs themselves will not repeat but they will ABSOLUTELY use any available valid repeater on the same zigbee network.

yes, sengled insists the plugs are not repeaters.

That is accurate depending on the model. Sengled DOES make or did make a plug that doesn’t repeat. I have one. It’s the E1C-NB6.
Looks like you have a newer version than mine. My guess is that their support is confusing the different models.

2 Likes