Zigbee power socket- recco

hello,
can one recommend zigbee power socket for EU … that is reliable and will work with
SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus, TI CC2652P + CP2102N Zigbee USB

thanks!

If you plan on using Aqara sensors, get the IKEA Tradfri smart plug. It’s about the only smart plug repeater that works with Aqara sensors.

These play nice with Aqara devices too: Lidl HG06337 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT

bit confused, so it means other power plugs doesnt work like repeaters correctly? re aqara sensors good - the motion one seems big.

what about Philips power plug https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Philips-Smart-Socket-Compatible-Amazon/dp/B09CV7QQKB/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1MOVNF6VMJUUK&keywords=qubino+steckdose+zigbee&qid=1651021854&sprefix=qubino+power+socket+zigbe%2Caps%2C146&sr=8-7
or tuya
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003692431188.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.61e774b1lzmgNh&algo_pvid=5bf06976-d614-4670-9617-51bd1955030c&algo_exp_id=5bf06976-d614-4670-9617-51bd1955030c-8&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000026822853688"}&pdp_npi=1%40dis|EUR||15.43|||||%402100bde116510216339558941e97b3|12000026822853688|sea
Thax

Aqara devices don’t use standard Zigbee protocols, so they are really picky about what they use as routers/repeaters. This post has a lot of good information about Aqara devices on Zigbee (even though it’s Hubitat’s community site, the info is still applicable to HA).

but are these Aqara devices important? i saw they have only few sensors?
Or xiaomi also is same scenario?

maybe to rephrase … the other sockets i mentioned wont work like repeaters correctly? thanks

A lot of people purchase Aqara devices because they are inexpensive. Xiaomi makes Aqara branded devices. Amazon is a good source for more info on the specific Aqara and Xiaomi devices are available to you.

hm so from what you are saying Aqara / Xiaomi is like one “brand/firmware etc…”

the other sockets i mentioned wont work like routers/repeaters correctly? thanks

To be on the safe side, I would start with Philips Hue plugs, or Ikea Tradfri ones, if I were you.

@k8gg thanks, by safe side do you mean? compatibility? thanks!

I would stay away from xiaomi / aqara / mijia devices, at least for now.

Yes they are cheap, yes some of those work well, but no you don’t need those kind of headaches when things go south.

@k8gg understand, thanks

so these two should be fine?

and

Check the price of buying the IKEA stuff directly from IKEA, even if they ship it to you. I compared it to Amazon (in the US), and the prices on Amazon were almost 2x the price of buying from IKEA directly and having them ship it to me. It took a couple weeks for IKEA to ship it, but I was willing to wait for the savings.

@DaveBoring thx for a hint, ikea is like 1/2 compare to amazon.de :slight_smile:

1 Like

but seems that these ikea plugs are only poweron/off ie so dumb, no power control etc…

Whilst many people (including myself) would love this feature: no, Hue’s smart plug doesn’t contain any sort of energy consumption monitoring. It is literally a standard smart plug with on/off functionality (via Zigbee and Bluetooth), but not much more.

Seems it wont be that easy to find zigbee power plug with such a trivia as Power consumption monitoring -)

Innr Smartplugs support Energy consumption when connected through ZHA. Not when you use the Hue Bridge. How about the Philips Smart Plugs? Did you try via ZHA or the Hue Bridge?