ZigBee problemd

Ever since the most recent update (August), my ZigBee devices are not working. I have the ZHA integration and am using the Nortek husbzb-1. The ZWave devices on that controller seem to be working though. I’m not sure how to interpret the log but this all started when I did the August update. Thanks for taking a look!

Logger: homeassistant.components.zha.core.gateway
Source: components/zha/core/gateway.py:170
Integration: Zigbee Home Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 11:01:47 AM (44 occurrences)
Last logged: 11:59:20 AM

Couldn’t start EZSP = Silicon Labs EmberZNet protocol: Elelabs, HUSBZB-1, Telegesis coordinator
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 456, in wait_for
return fut.result()
asyncio.exceptions.CancelledError

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py”, line 170, in async_initialize
self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 110, in new
await app.startup(auto_form=auto_form)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py”, line 66, in startup
await self.connect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py”, line 135, in connect
self._ezsp = await bellows.ezsp.EZSP.initialize(self.config)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/init.py”, line 85, in initialize
await ezsp.version()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/init.py”, line 103, in version
ver, stack_type, stack_version = await self._command(
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 458, in wait_for
raise exceptions.TimeoutError() from exc
asyncio.exceptions.TimeoutError

I got it working. Completely shut down the home assistant, removed the stick, re-inserted the stick, and started it again. It took about 45 minutes but one by one the devices became available again.

I came here with the same problem, except I’m using a Sonoff 3.0 Plus stick.

All of my ZHA Zigbee devices became unavailable after 2022.8.0 update. The info box for each said that the device was an orphan from a removed integration. No other error was apparent in the stick’s info, or in the logs.

My only recourse was to revert back to 2022.7.7 (yay for backups - I encourage everyone to install Stephen Beechen’s excellent Google Drive backup add-on, or something similar).

Thank you both for posting. I will be following this thread

I use a HUSBZB and ZHA and haven’t updated to 2022.8.x yet. I’ll wait to see how widespread this issue is before updating.

I was also having the same issue but after trying the restart and I looked and I found that I had plugged the USB extension cable in to the USB 2.0 Port not the USB 3.0 after moving it to the correct port i found it started working.

I’m running Zigbee-Tasmota on a Sonoff Zigbee coordinator (not a stick). It suddenly stopped working today evening. No changed were made, it just stopped working.

I rebooted the coordinator couple of times and restarted the HA as well. No success.
I just upgraded sonoff coordinator to latest Tasmota-Zigbee [12.5.0(zbbridge)] but still no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Couldn't start EZSP = Silicon Labs EmberZNet protocol: Elelabs, HUSBZB-1, Telegesis coordinator (attempt 2 of 3)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/zha/core/gateway.py", line 205, in async_initialize
    self.application_controller = await app_controller_cls.new(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 219, in new
    await app.startup(auto_form=auto_form)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/application.py", line 193, in startup
    await self.connect()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/zigbee/application.py", line 130, in connect
    self._ezsp = await bellows.ezsp.EZSP.initialize(self.config)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/__init__.py", line 109, in initialize
    await ezsp.connect(use_thread=zigpy_config[conf.CONF_USE_THREAD])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/ezsp/__init__.py", line 126, in connect
    self._gw = await bellows.uart.connect(self._config, self, use_thread=use_thread)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/uart.py", line 414, in connect
    protocol, _ = await _connect(config, application)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/bellows/uart.py", line 385, in _connect
    transport, protocol = await zigpy.serial.create_serial_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/site-packages/zigpy/serial.py", line 31, in create_serial_connection
    transport, protocol = await loop.create_connection(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1076, in create_connection
    raise exceptions[0]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 1060, in create_connection
    sock = await self._connect_sock(
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/base_events.py", line 969, in _connect_sock
    await self.sock_connect(sock, address)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 501, in sock_connect
    return await fut
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.10/asyncio/selector_events.py", line 541, in _sock_connect_cb
    raise OSError(err, f'Connect call failed {address}')
OSError: [Errno 113] Connect call failed ('192.168.178.128', 8888)

Hi, I have the same problem. You solved?

Yes, I flashed the latest Tasmota-Zigbee firmware and then configured the TCP server thru console.

backlog rule1 on system#boot do TCPStart 8888 endon ; rule1 1 ; template {"NAME":"Sonoff ZHABridge","GPIO":[56,208,0,209,59,58,0,0,0,0,0,0,17],"FLAG":0,"BASE":18} ; module 0

I think somehow my TCP server died and that caused the whole issue.
Please try this and let me know if it helped.