Zigbee Problems

I am using a Conbee II via the Deconz integration with Hue light bulbs and dimmer switches and Xiaomi sensors running from Home Assistant supervised on a RPI 4.

Normally everything works fine but I live in an area that has quite a lot of power glitches. When the power comes back it takes quite a lot of time and manual effort to get the Zigbee devices operating correctly again. Some of the Hue bulbs start flashing and have to be power cycled again and some of the switches take a long time to come back on line.

Is this a feature of Zigbee or something that might be helped by moving from Deconz to ZHA.

Thanks for any help.

For what it is worth - I have no such problems with deconz and I have much the same hardware as you.

What version of firmware is your Conbee running? It is impossible to upgrade the firmware of your conbee stick when Deconz is running in a HASS.io container, even though there is a button “upgrade firmware” visible in Deconz, the button does nothing.
Try upgrading your firmware of your conbee stick to the latest version by shutting down your RPi, pulling out the Conbee, and plugging it in a windows, mac or linux machine, and do the firmware upgrade that way.
Your network will stay in tact, think of the conbee stick like a wifi stick, there is no config on the stick itself, it is just a hardware device that gives zigbee capabilities to your operating system. All the config is on the machine it is plugged into.

I used to have similar issues, and first thought it was due to buggy integration. Turns out, I was running a 4 year old firmware on my stick that lagged lots of bugfixes.
Since upgrading last month, not a single device on my network became unreachable, and the network stayed in tact through several reboot of the RPi, things that would have definitely caused issues with the old firmware.

3 Likes

Thanks,

I will give that a try when I work out how to do the firmware update on Windows.

1 Like

I did recently. Firmwares are here: http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/deconz-firmware/?C=M;O=D

And flasher is here: http://deconz.dresden-elektronik.de/win/

Use the command line as described here for Windows: https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Update-deCONZ-manually#update-in-windows

7 Likes

Thanks,

Just done the update which was a breeze. Now have to wait for another power glitch to see what happens.

Try to change the Zigbee channel of the stick. Maybe there is interference with your own 2.4 Ghz WiFi network or someone close to your house. 2.4 Ghz could be pretty occupied and could result in strange behaviour.

@glyn How is everything working after the update? i have allot of warnings in my zha log.:

Unknown cluster 61184

No response to 'Command.aps_data_indication' command with seq id '0x54' No response to 'Command.aps_data_indication' command with seq id '0x84' No response to 'Command.aps_data_indication' command with seq id '0xfc' No response to 'Command.aps_data_indication' command with seq id '0x0c' No response to 'Command.aps_data_indication' command with seq id '0x16'

No watchdog response

maybe after updating my warning will go away. The command with seq warning are coming up 915 times within a couple of days

It’s worth taking a look at this topic too if you want to update the ConBee stick on your HassOS system: