- Philips Hue Bridge (newest)
- ConBee II ZigBee USB-Stick (into Synology Nas, with Home assistant (Hass.io) and the ZigBee Home Automation integration.
Repeaters (i think)
- 12 Philips Hue Lights (Connected to the Philips Hue Bridge)
- 3 Aqara Lights (Connected to the conbee stick)
I have a problem with 2 of my Aqara lights that are unable to connect and show up in Home Assistant as “unavailable”. but they worked the first hours. I troubleshooted but cant find a way to let it work.
- My Home assistant (ZigBee master Conbee II) is on the 2nd floor (because of noise from the HDD’s in the nas)
- Then i use the 3 Aqara light bulbs on the ground floor. The one in the most straight line to the Conbee stick works flawless. the other 2 are showing unavailable (only 1 wall between the one that works).
Tried moving one Aqara bulb to the first flore so i have a repeater between the 2nd floor and ground floor. Now the Conbee/Home assistant shows the Aqara light ass available but the 1 aqara light on the ground floor that say’s unavailable is still not able to connect and stay unavailable.
Do the Aqara Bulbs have a zigbee repeater function in them?
Do the Philips bulbs not help the Aqara/Conbee zigbee network?
How does my ZigBee network work now?
- There are 2 sepperated zigbee networks (1 Philips and 1 ConBee)
- There is one big Zigbee network (Philips and ConBee repeaterer devices work together)
I’m confused why this is happening, do some of you have a idea what could be the problem?