Zigbee Sensors update rate

Hi.

I am using the ZHA integration with a sonoff zigbee 3.0 antenna. I have placed 2 different temperature sensors in my living room. The 1st is a SmartWise Zigbee temperature and humidity sensor and the 2nd is a sonoff temperature and humidity sensor. Although in general, they have the identical history graphs the refresh rate of each sensor differs (difference on the temperature is ok since the first one is closer to the heating source).

Is there a way I can fix / adjust the rate?
temperature 1temperature 2

Thank you in advance.

I believe refresh rate can only be adjusted on some devices, and only with Zigbee2MQTT, not ZHA. Usually, how this works though, wireless temperature sensors have some specific refresh time set by manufacturer. For example, as far as I know, Aqara/Xiaomi temperature sensors only refresh once every 1 hour, or if temperature increases/decreases by >= 0.5 celsius. This way obviously battery lasts way longer than it would, if say you wanted to refresh it every 10 minutes.

So my suggestion would be either to leave things as they are and dont mind the different looking graph cards, 2nd solution to buy identical temperature sensors from same manufacturer, and 3rd to check if refresh rate can be changed with Zigbee2MQTT and move everything to it if it can.

Thank you for the information!

Aqara sensors definitively update with higher frequency/lower thresholds.
I have several Aqara WSDCGQ11LM control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT models (this is a newer version of this sensor) seeing updates by 0.1C or 0.1% of humidity. It’s for default sensor settings.

Z2M provides an option to set the precision of the reported values (up to 3 decimal digits). Seems that it indeed affects reporting rate too. In most sensors, I have set 0.1 precision for temperature and 0.0 precision for humidity.

I have the older, round ones, currently setup in deCONZ. Anyway, it is great to know you can adjust, and that they do report more often even by default! :slight_smile:

I have Aqara temperature and humidity sensors, and according to the manual, the update interval varies depending on the rate of change. I use these to work out when someone is taking a shower, and when humidity changes alot, they respond within a minute. However, later in the day when the humidity is very level and not changing, it can take an hour before I get a state change.

As you can see below, the number of data points as the humidity rises and falls rapidly is much more frequent than when the humidity levels off:-