ZigBee SEP1.0 or 1.1 device recommendation for PG&E Stream My Data

Hey,
So recently PG&E (Utilities here in northern CA, I think by now most people have heard of them from all the fires) has “Smart Meters”. Well I have one installed in my home and i reached out to them to get set up and they sent me this link: https://www.nts.com/services/certification/pge/han-devices/. Searching most of them seem to be full gateway solution but the note page says “Other devices may be compatible on PG&E’s network, and Customers can attempt to register any ZigBee SEP1.0 or 1.1 device with the SmartMeter™.”,. What are some ZigBee SEP1.0 or 1.1 I can connect to my home assistant. Best would be something I dont need to pull from the cloud but if that’s the only solution I can live with it.

1 Like

The device that you want to acquire is a Rainforest Automation EAGLE-200. I don’t personally own one but have friends that do. It has a built in integration with Home Assistant as well.

2 Likes

I also have PG&E and use the Emporia Vue Utility Connect. It was quite a bit cheaper than the Rainforest device.
Here is a link to Home Assistant Integration for Emporia devices.

3 Likes

Just want to add that I just bought the Empora Vue ($30) and successfully connected it to my PG&E meter, and then integrated into HA via HACS. This was one of the least frustrating installs yet with home automation. Everything pretty much just worked as documented. Thanks!

1 Like

Awsome. I just learned of the Emporia Vue compatibility with PG&E and was planning to try it out. I found a blog post of someone doing the same thing in Home Assistant. Energy monitoring with Emporia Energy and Home Assistant - Home Automation Academy

2 Likes

I got the rainforest eagle but it broke after 2 months. Their support tried to help but I ended up just tossing it, Vue is on the way.