Zigbee Siren suggestions?

Running zigbee2mqtt and was trying to find a siren that I can integrate with Alarmo. Anybody have any suggestions? Most of the ones I see are zwave.

There are a couple that I found on Amazon, with similar ones I saw on AliExpress, that I have had my eye on. I haven’t pulled the trigger to test so YMMV.

The first one would arrive sooner and for $9 it may worth a try.

Currently, I have 3 Google Home Minis that I’m able to play an alarm sound using a custom Vacation/Alarm automation I setup. It was a cheap way to get something working without buying a dedicated alarm/siren device. If you pull the trigger and test it out please do report back on how things work.

Will do. I have some Echos and a Sonos one that I tried to get to play an alarm,but kept getting an error.

I can get the Echo to announce when the Alarm is armed,etc,but the Sonos I can’t get to do anything.

I have an automation that calls a script I made that has the following:

alias: Home Speaker Alarm
sequence:
  - service: media_player.volume_set
    data:
      volume_level: 1
    target:
      device_id: b761e7cb3363f100df36b3624ff73919
  - service: media_player.play_media
    data:
      media_content_id: /media/local/mixkit-facility-alarm-sound-999.wav
      media_content_type: audio/wav
      enqueue: play
    target:
      device_id: b761e7cb3363f100df36b3624ff73919
  - delay:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 15
      seconds: 0
      milliseconds: 0
  - service: media_player.volume_set
    data:
      volume_level: 0.5
mode: restart
icon: mdi:alarm-bell

This is playing an audio file I uploaded via the Media Library.

1 Like

Thanks,ill check it out.

I have the Heiman alarm in the 2nd Amazon link. It is large and will take up an entire US wall socket with no room to plug in anything else. Other than that, it works great and seamlessly was added into Zigbee2MQTT and HA. I may order the other one though because it’s only 9 bucks and if it doesn’t work, who cares. lol

Edit: NM… $13 shipping. I’ll live with the loss of a socket.

1 Like

Yeah,I saw that shipping also. Think I’ll try the Heiman.

Do most sirens work with z2m?
I have a Wi-Fi version and it cannot come into home assistant via tuya.
I don’t want to replace with a zigbee only to find I can’t access any functions…

1 Like