Zigbee smart plug turning on without being connected to zigbee network

Hello everyone!

I am a pretty new HA user, running HAOS for only about 4 months and I love it so far. I have about 10 Zigbee devices around my house and I am using the HA SkyConnect dongle. There were some problems with range, so I added an Aquara smart plug to extend the range. I also happen to have Philips Hue lights and Hue dimmer switch, both connected to HA and integrated with Z2M and Mosquitto. When I press the on button on the Hue switch, the lights turn as per my automation, but the smart plug also turns on. I thought I did something wrong in the automation configuration, but it does this even with automations disabled. I also tried to remove the device from Z2M, but even with it completely removed from HA, it still turns on. I have tried searching on this and other forums, but couldnt find anyone with this problem, let alone an answer.

I would greatly appreciate any help or a clue as to what causes this behavior.

The Aqara smart plug seems to be bound to your Hue switch (or vice versa). Check the forum for Zigbee binding (and the Z2M docs)

Thank you so much!
That did the trick. I tried reseting the smart plug, which didnt work, so I also reset the dimmer switch and that solved it. I didnt even know this feature existed. Now everything seems to work as intended.