Zigbee stick for yale lock

hi, im a new user of ha, im still learning about how to use it, im looking for some advice i need a good zigbee stick/dongle that can work with 2 yale locks yrd210 and yrl210, i have read that many zigbee dongles only support some vendors and items and i need one that helpme to do the connection flawless please i need a lil help

The real question is which Zigbee integration are you wanting to use - that’s what decides the stick(s) you can use.

mmmm i dont know which one to choose or which one its better or coolest, the only thing that i want its one that works without problems with those locks i just read that, if you have some advice about them will be cool, and if there is someone arround that have any experience with those lock will be greate if can share it with me

There are certainly some Yale locks supported on zigbee2mqtt, see https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/information/supported_devices.html

Chances are yours will work too.

And if not, the cc2531 and programmer will only set you back $10 or so

All of those list the devices that are tested and known working.

• zha lists the YRD210
  • deCONZ doesn’t appear to, but I haven’t taken more than two seconds to skim their docs and didn’t Google
  • zigbee2mqtt has had its support already pointed out directly

coolest? :man_facepalming:

Better - well, they’re all different, they all support slightly different sets of devices and integrate differently into Home Assistant. You chose based on which supports the devices you’re interested in. In your case, may try zha since it’s built into Home Assistant.

wow thats some good advice thanks to everybody for all your kindness and help, i will try zha since im still learning, and then when i feel with more xperience i will try zigbee2mqtt, but there is something … the original question remain … which usb adapter or shield will be the best choice for use with the zha?

The the links I, and others, have posted in their replies? Try clicking on the one for zha and then reading that page :wink:

I use the HUSBZB1-1 adapter with the Yale YRD226 with a Zigbee module and I have had zero problems for a year in heat and cold.

@BendedArrow Would you mind listing what functionalities you have access to? Can you set the lock’s pin codes? Do you have access to the full lock status (IE, closed from outside)?

I have this same lock working under z-wave and considering getting the zigbee module if it works better.

You do have lock status “locked, unlocked”, but you do not know who opened the door. You can lock and unlock remotely. You also cannot set codes from HA.

The main benefit is that it does not have the long startup time when you first restart HA, due to the OZW startup stuff… The battery lasts quite a while, but I also do things like check to make sure the door is locked before locking it automatically, to further save battery. I am not using it on my main door for now—

1 Like