Zigbee Supervisor (ZHA) invalid options: Missing required option 'device'

I have this message multiple times in my Supervisor logs.

So far, I’ve not actually noticed any problems, and everything is running smoothly, but I keep getting this and it make up the bulk of my log file.

From context, it look like my ZHA controller can’t find the address of a Zigbee device, but I don’t know which one.

Is there any way to find out, since I’m not seeing any apparent problems

24-03-07 19:49:22 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_silabs_multiprotocol has invalid options: Missing required option 'device' in Silicon Labs Multiprotocol (core_silabs_multiprotocol). Got {'device': None, 'baudrate': '460800', 'flow_control': True, 'autoflash_firmware': True, 'cpcd_trace': False, 'otbr_enable': True, 'otbr_log_level': 'notice', 'otbr_firewall': True}
24-03-07 19:50:42 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_silabs_multiprotocol has invalid options: Missing required option 'device' in Silicon Labs Multiprotocol (core_silabs_multiprotocol). Got {'device': None, 'baudrate': '460800', 'flow_control': True, 'autoflash_firmware': True, 'cpcd_trace': False, 'otbr_enable': True, 'otbr_log_level': 'notice', 'otbr_firewall': True}
24-03-07 19:52:03 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_silabs_multiprotocol has invalid options: Missing required option 'device' in Silicon Labs Multiprotocol (core_silabs_multiprotocol). Got {'device': None, 'baudrate': '460800', 'flow_control': True, 'autoflash_firmware': True, 'cpcd_trace': False, 'otbr_enable': True, 'otbr_log_level': 'notice', 'otbr_firewall': True}
24-03-07 19:53:23 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_silabs_multiprotocol has invalid options: Missing required option 'device' in Silicon Labs Multiprotocol (core_silabs_multiprotocol). Got {'device': None, 'baudrate': '460800', 'flow_control': True, 'autoflash_firmware': True, 'cpcd_trace': False, 'otbr_enable': True, 'otbr_log_level': 'notice', 'otbr_firewall': True}
24-03-07 19:54:43 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_silabs_multiprotocol has invalid options: Missing required option 'device' in Silicon Labs Multiprotocol (core_silabs_multiprotocol). Got {'device': None, 'baudrate': '460800', 'flow_control': True, 'autoflash_firmware': True, 'cpcd_trace': False, 'otbr_enable': True, 'otbr_log_level': 'notice', 'otbr_firewall': True}
24-03-07 19:56:04 ERROR (MainThread) [supervisor.addons.addon] Add-on core_silabs_multiprotocol has invalid options: Missing required option 'device' in Silicon Labs Multiprotocol (core_silabs_multiprotocol). Got {'device': None, 'baudrate': '460800', 'flow_control': True, 'autoflash_firmware': True, 'cpcd_trace': False, 'otbr_enable': True, 'otbr_log_level': 'notice', 'otbr_firewall': True}

Does not sound like it has anything to do directly with the ZHA component but instead with the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol Add-on → addons/silabs-multiprotocol at master · home-assistant/addons · GitHub

Do you have a Home Assistant SkyConnect adapter dongle and are you using it in Multi-PAN mode with both a Thread network (for Matter over Thread) and a Zigbee network at the same time? If so then you should know that is not longer recommended.

By that I mean I only meant that you should not use Zigbee AND Thread on the same single radio adapter dongle. The is problems with running in multi-PAN mode (several Private Area Networks concurrently) on a single radio adapter. That is, do not use Zigbee AND Thread simultaneously on a single SkyConnect.

If you are then buy another adapter and flash it with the latest EmberZNet Zigbee NCP firmware then migrate your Zigbee network to it inside the ZHA integration (there is a “migrate radio” option there). If you are not using Thread on it then simply re-flash EmberZNet Zigbee NCP firmware to it directly and restore Zigbee network backup to it from the ZHA integration, then you can remove the Silicon Labs Multiprotocol Addon.

Note that the multi-PAN/multiprotocol feature has only ever been experimental on the EFR32MG21 based SkyConnect and now the new/latest recommendation is to not use it any longer and instead migrate to having one dedicated radio adapter/dongle for Zigbee (running Zigbee NCP firmware) in combination with a separate dedicated radio adapter/dongle for Thread (running OpenThread RCP firmware).

our current recommendation for Home Assistant Yellow and Home Assistant SkyConnect is to use the Zigbee firmware to power your Zigbee network. This is a stable solution that has worked reliably since the introduction of these products and offers a great experience.” → The State of Matter - Home Assistant

This is what most people here in the community have always recommended anyway, but now it is a formal recommendation coming from Nabu Casa, and the Home Assistant developers that have declared that multi-PAN is not working well if you have more than a few devices so they have decided to not actively continue the development pursuit of stable multi-PAN/multiprotocol support. So the feature will not be removed, but it will no longer be actively developed and no longer recommend.

Also note that using the SkyConnect adapter/dongle (or Home Assistant Yellow) as a Thread radio is still under development at this point, is still listed as experimental, and is only recommended for the more technically experienced users. If you want to use Thread for Matter today then the recommendation is currently instead for iOS users to use a HomePod Mini or other Apple border router, placed near their Thread devices to get the required Thread coverage, similar Google Home can use Google Nest Hub or Google Nest Hub as Thread Border Routers, (alternatively, you can stay with only using WiFi-based Matter devices).

All this was also clearly stated in the recent videos from Home Assistant about Matter and Thread → https://www.youtube.com/@home_assistant/videos

Hence, using multi-PAN (multi-protocol) should be considered deprecated.

I have a Sky Connect Dongle, but unless the settings that you’re taking about are set up by default then I’m not using them. I have zero Matter\Threads hardware on my system.

I have the multiprotocol add on in stalled though I have no memory of doing it. It’s disabled and set not to load on boot.

Then suggest you open a new issue to report it, see → Reporting issues - Home Assistant

Though uncertain as to which repo’s issues tracker it should be reported to → Help - Home Assistant

Guessing probably addons, supervisor, or operating-system, and probably not core as if it was ZHA?