Zigbee switch (Peanut Smart Plug) "missing" after HA .93 update

Hi All,
Last night after my HA updated to .93, my Zigbee based Peanut Switches were not available. The device itself seems to be reported as is the binary_sensor that reports the switch status (gets updated when I manually toggle the switch from the physical button on the side) but the “switch” component is not available on both of my devices.

I’ve reverted back to .92.1 and the switch components are back…

Before and After:

1 Like

it may have been updated to just be an event vs a binary sensor - that’s sort of the path forward for remote/button devices in zha I think. if you upgrade, go to the dev-events panel, and put zha_event into the event to subscribe box, then hit the listen button. use your switch and see if it sands events. you can then use these as triggers for automations.

It’s not a remote/button device. It’s a plug/outlet. The binary_sensor does respond when I manipulate the device with the physical button (see image, the sensor icon is still present and “on”) But there should be a “switch” entity as well for activating/de-activating the outlet. See top of image for the switch entity that is there before upgrade.

ah my bad. you might want to file an issue on github

I have some securifi stuff and had mostly forgotten about my peanut plug.
What hardware do you use to connect it with homeassistant?

Using the HUSBZB-1 USB Z-Wave/Zigbee combo stick

I can confirm. I’m seeing the exact same behavior with my two peanut plugs since the update. I am also using a HUSBZB-1.

Oh, hmm interesting, I guess that’s a “good” sign I’m not doing anything wrong lol. Anyways, I’ve opened a github issue here

1 Like

Thanks for posting this. I am seeing the same issue with a new Peanut Smart Plug I bought.

@jalsing Is the Peanut working with Husbuz-1 now. I am looking for wall plug I can use as a repeater

yes it has been working since HA .95, or via the workaround listed in the github issue if still using older versions of HA.

Working for me as well.

@jalsing @dspille On Amazon it says it “NEEDS Almond” but I am assuming not needed unless I needed to update firmware? I have the Husbzb-1 hub.

You don’t need Almond if you have the Husbzb-1 for basic switch functionality. There might be some limited sensor functionality without the Almond hub, but I’ve not noticed any issues.

1 Like

How did you add them? I use zha_new but can not find it after doing the permit service what is the default name?

I’m on v0.98.5, and you just go to the Configuration panel, choose ZHA, and click the Add Devices button after you put the Peanut into pairing mode.

The default name should be something like “Securifi Ltd…”

Seems like this issue may have cropped up again in 0.113.3. Peanut plug was working flawlessly until I updated to 0.113.3 last night… then it disappeared.

I’ve tried resetting it, and that didn’t help. I haven’t tried to remove it and re-add it, because I fear I won’t be able to get it back. (Though, if its not working anyway… that’s probably a silly fear to have, right? LOL.)