(Zigbee / Z-Wave?) Thermostat for floor heating

Hey guys,

I tried the search in our Community, did some amazon and google search but did not really find something fitting.

I’m searching for a thermostat to manage my floor heating - preferable with z-wave or zigbee.
The only thing I really found was this one on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.de/Gecheer-Intelligenter-Programmierbarer-Temperaturregler-APP-Fernbedienung/dp/B08GYP93SH/ref=sr_1_21?__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&crid=2HDPQKV8ETSDD&dchild=1&keywords=zigbee+thermostat&qid=1610287527&s=diy&sprefix=zwave+thermostat%2Cdiy%2C179&sr=1-21

But as far as I understand this only works with Tuya. What I understand from Tuya integration so far is, that it requires an online connection to the Tuya server & a Tuya hub.

One solution my neigbour bought is a bosch device:

But as far as I can see this requires another hub from bosch to work with HA.

I want an offline solution that works even if my Wi-Fi / Internet Provider is down. In addition it should not require to add another hub to my home automation environment.

Does anybody have sth. to recommend or working integration with a floor heating thermostat?

1 Like

Vesternet.com have a number of Zwave Underfloor thermostats

Thanks a lot - I did not know the shop. I will post what I will buy. Thanks a lot!

Did you ever make a decision? I’m looking for the same now so I’d appreciate any info on how you like your setup.

No not up to now.

Currently still busy with the Z-Wave to Z-Wave JS migration.
I pushed the topic a bit back - I want to wait if some new devices will follow.
Currently I would choose the Bosch solution as it looks most reliable.
Let me know if you take a decision and some feedback what you will install.

I will update this post as soon as I have sth. bought and setup in my HA instance!

Coming back a year later to say I chose a Zigbee device from Sinope that has been working flawlessly with HA! Smart floor heating thermostat 3600 W – Zigbee | Sinope Technologies US

3 Likes

I bought this little friend in between:

Have not installed it yet - will write an update…

Have you had a chance to evaluate that device yet?

Hey Adam,
Not yet. Still lays on my desk. Was struggling migrating from Raspberry Pi3 to home assistant yellow. Now all is set.Will install it in the next 4 weeks and post an update here.