Zigbee2MQTT and integration of a Tuya LED bulb

Hello,
I integrated a zigbee LED bulb from Tuya to my HA via Zigbee2MQTT (I have a SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus) and the bulb appears well in the list of devices and in the Zigbee network.
In the Zigbee2MQTT dashboard, I can see my bulb with all the controls (toggle, brightness, color) working, and the same in my bulb’s display:

However, as soon as I go to the MQTT Broker, I have the light bulb but no entities and controls. So I can’t add this device to one of my HA dashboards.

I must have missed something.
So I’m open to all your comments and ideas.
Have a nice evening,
Latino

My configuration
System Health

version: core-2022.6.2
installation_type: Home Assistant OS
dev: false
hassio: true
docker: true
user: root
virtualenv: false
python_version: 3.9.12
os_name: Linux
os_version: 5.10.103-v8
arch: aarch64
timezone: Europe/Paris

Welcome!

I’m not sure how you are viewing the MQTT messages in your MQTT broker, however the message are ephemeral by default. So, using a tool like MQTT explorer, you have to have it running and viewing your broker. Then move some of the setting in ZigbeeMQTT device ‘exposes’ page. You should then see zigbee2mqtt messages in the broker via a tool such as MQTT explorer.

Good hunting!

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
After installing MQTT Explorer, I can see my bulb (Tuya LED bulb) with all its settings:

However, I don’t understand how to make these controls appear in the MQTT broker so that I can add it to a dashboard.
Its seems that I have to create an entity by manually setting the device parameters in the configuration.yaml file (with state_topic, payload_on, etc.) but I’m having trouble with this.
My light bulb settings are here: Tuya TS0505B_1_1 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT
If you have any idea how to do it.
Thank you.

Latino

Glad you are making progress in your understanding of how MQTT messages work and are used. It is good to learn this from the ground up as you use devices and sensors that ‘talk’ via MQTT.

MQTT broker is not really a place to control your devices, though you can send commands to zigbee2mqtt at the MQTT broker via a tool such as MQTT Explorer. It takes a bit of learning to figure out the syntax of MQTT messages, but again, it is a good skill to have in your quiver.

Home Assistant and Zigbee2MQTT have a way via a ‘side channel’ of MQTT message to automatically configure Zigbee2MQTT devices in Home Assistant, you can read about the steps to turn on this feature at both Home Assistant and Zigbee2mqtt docs, it is called ‘Auto Discovery’, links at bottom. See if you can get that working. I am old skool, so I configure my devices manually by learning the MQTT messages and then creating the device using YAML in Home Assistant, it is a lot of work, so auto setup is okay. However, still a good skill lesson to try and setup a couple devices manually. Good hunting!