Zigbee2mqtt and Sengled Smart Bulb effects

My setup:

Sonoff Zigbee Bridge (tasmota zbbridge.bin latest)
MQTT mosquitto broker (not add-on)
zigbee2mqtt edge add-on
Sengled Smart LED multicolor A19 bulb E21-N1EA

zigbee2mqtt discovered some effects, like blink, breathe, ok

Home Assistant front end (lovelace) lists these effects as well.
When I select any effect it doesn’t seem to work.

Developer Tools provides supported_features: 63, which means that this bulb supports effects
SUPPORT_BRIGHTNESS = 1 - yes
SUPPORT_COLOR_TEMP = 2 - yes
SUPPORT_EFFECT = 4 - yes
SUPPORT_FLASH = 8 - yes
SUPPORT_COLOR = 16 - yes
SUPPORT_TRANSITION = 32 - yes
SUPPORT_WHITE_VALUE = 128 - no

I have created a test automation with the selected ‘blink’ effect:

command_topic:
zigbee2mqtt/Sengled_Light/set:
{"state": "ON", "color": {"x": 0.701, "y": 0.299}, "brightness": 152, "effect": "blink"}

state_topic: 
zigbee2mqtt/Sengled_Light
{"brightness":152,"color":{"x":0.701,"y":0.299},"color_mode":"xy","linkquality":255,"state":"ON"}

Should an effect be listed in the state payload if it is supported and activated?

Transition from OFF to ON doesn’t work, but it works for ON to OFF

I do not know what to blame Sonoff bridge, add-on , bulb …
How the add-on gets information on all supported features by the discovered device?

I can implement those effects by scenes, scripts and automatons but it would be nice to have all features that are listed as supported.

This is my only zigbee bulb so I can’t compare to any other zigbee one.

And this is my first zigbee experience and not completely sold on it yet (currently on zwave).

I would appreciate any ideas.

Has anyone resolved this issue? I too use zigbee2mqtt with Sengled bulbs. HA detects “blink” and “breathe” on the effect list. But when I try to use them, it does not work.

service: light.turn_on
data:
  effect: breathe
target:
  entity_id: light.garage_bulb_1

Thank you!

Really strange timing with you bumping the thread; I’ve been trying to solve this myself all day and sadly I’ve come up with nothing. At this point I don’t even care about the effects, but I just can’t figure out how to get them to not be published to MQTT and show up in the entities. It seems the Ignore Attributes also doesn’t work. Really hoping someone has an answer.

I have a few different models of zigbee bulbs and the listed effects dont work on any of them.