Zigbee2mqtt - Delay when triggering group actions

Good evening !

I have been using home assistant for quite a few months on my raspberry 2. I was very pleased with it, and decided to investigate in a NUC to have more reliability and power.
So far all is working nicely, and I have bought a CC2531 usb dongle to replace my Tradfri gateway for my 5 Ikea bulb lamps (firmware of February).

Everything is looking good, I have Mosquitto installed, zigbee2mqtt 1.4 add-on, pairing successful, HomeKit… I’m very happy.

There is just one downside that I have noted:
When I want to power on or off (or just send a command) to multiple bulbs at one, I have the feeling that the commands are received in “serial” order (1 by 1).
For example, I ask home assistant to power on all the lights and they light up one after the other.
It’s not really an issue, but I remember with the Ikea gateway that all my lights were turning on or off at the same time, all together.

Here is a small video of the “issue” (I was using HomeKit here):

You can also check the Zigbee map :

Is it normal that all the lamps are “router” ?

I am not using at all the groups features of Hassio or zigbmee2mqtt.
Do you know if I can do something to have a nice and harmonious way to trigger all my lights at the same time ?

Thank you ! :):smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

And the same behavior in home assistant ( see they power off one after the other):

This is not the same as a group in Home Assistant. This is a way of making several devices respond to a single command. You transmit one command understood by all lights in a collection as opposed to sending a command to each light in the collection.

Thank you 123. I was suspecting something like that but wasn’t very clear for me.
I must be blind, but I tried to put exactly what was in the documentation in the main home assistant configuration.yaml file :

groups:
  # ID, each group should have a different numerical ID
  '1':
    # Name which will be used to control the group
    friendly_name: group_plafonnier
    # Devices of this group,
    # Note: this has to be the ieeeAddr of the device, not the friendly_name!
    devices:
      - '0x90fd9ffffe29toto'
      - '0x000b57fffed6toto'
      - '0x90fd9ffffe19toto'
      - '0x90fd9ffffe31toto'

Unfortunately, the Configuration validator gives this output :

Integration not found: groups

Am I doing it correctly ?
[EDIT] I’ve found the file in the “share” mount point in smb :slight_smile: I’ve saved the config remotely, will try tonight when coming home.

maybe you mixed up configuration.yaml of HA and configuration.yaml of zigbee2mqtt.
The latter is placed in the share/zigbee2mqtt folder of HA.

I specified groups in share/zigbee2mqtt/configuration.yaml and it is working fine (apart from minor glitches).

That is correct ! I have put my config in the share folder of zigbee2MQTT add-on as you mention.

So now, when I publish :
zigbee2mqtt/group_plafonnier/set ON or OFF` via the dev-mqtt page in home assistant, I switch the group of lights all together. Pretty cool !
Only thing I noticed (but I think it’s already reported) is the state in the UI of home assistant or HomeKit which is not actualized.
I had a look at the doc here but I’m not sure it is relevant to my issue.
So to summarize, I have 2 details I would like to solve :

• How can I make sure that when using the SET topic on the zigbee2mqtt group the UI is refreshed in home assistant ?
  • Currently, HomeKit and home assistant triggering are still using the old method, the bulbs are switching one after the other. How can I make sure that the correct triggering is done with these methods ? Do I have to rewrite all the possible actions in the main home assistant configuration file and link them to the zigbee2mqtt topic actions ?

Thanks everyone who’s taking time to help ! :slight_smile: