Zigbee2MQTT EnOcean Friends of Hue Switches

Hey all,

shortly i switched from the Philips Hue Bridge to the Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle.
My lamps are working and now i want to add my “Senic Friends of Hue” switches with the technology of EnOcean.

It should work, but my Zigbee2MQTT at Homeassistant don´t find that switches.
I deleted them from the Philips Hue app, that was enought to connect my lamps to MQTT, but it is not working with the switches.

Can someone of you help me in this case? Do i need to set the switches in a “pairing mode”? If yes, how can i do this?

Thank you in advance.

Have you read the notes here?
If these switches are “Green Power” devices then they don’t use standard zigbee and won’t work directly with zigbee2mqtt.

I have a whole bunch of Senic switches and I’m glad to report that they work great with Zigbee2MQTT.

They report as EnOcean PTM 215Z

However, they don’t work with ZHA at all. And even through the Hue integration connected to your bridge it only gives you 4 button functionality, whilst these are especially great for their both up/down action. If you press both buttons the Hue integration won’t even report an input.

I’m even in the process of switching from ZHA for that very reason. I love these things even though they have their weird quirks. Just being able to put them anywhere and not needing power ever is great.

Beware, they do need a Zigbee Green Power capable router device near like a Hue lightbulb connected to Zigbee2MQTT to pick up their messages.

1 Like

Hi,

I cant get the Seic switches to connect. I did the things mentioned on the z2mqqt website but it wont connect. in only have hue bulbs arround the house. There are hue bulbs 1 meter away from the switches but it still does not work. Can you explain how you did. it? :slight_smile:

Hi,

zigbee2mqtt works with that, but you need a compatible zigbee stick.
I use the ConBee II Zigbee USB Dongle.
The Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle does not work. (I’m running two zigbee2mqtt instances, one for each stick)

Thank you so much for your help. Would it work with the Phoscon conBee 3 or just the 2? And even if it works with the 3. is it worth it to buy the 3 over the 2? :grimacing:

I’m using the Sonoff Zigbee dongle referred to as the “ZBDongle-P” which uses the TI CC2652P device and I have this working with an older EnOcean based device.
Here is my write-up

What features do they expose? Both single and long press?

Hi @wmaker, I have your same hardware: a Sonoff Dongle P and a Vimar 03906 (based on EnOcean PTM 215Z).

I am not able to discover the device (tried every channel), but I also do not have any Philips Hue devices in my network.

What is your situation? Are there any Philips Hue devices in your setup?

I am asking this because the zigbee2mqtt documentation about EnOcean PTM 215Z reports that “[…] the Green Power device has to be in range of a Philips Hue device in order to use it”.

Thanks!

You know, I forgot about that statement…but oh yeah a lot of Philips Hue devices near by my PTM 215Z.

Thank you!

At least now I know that before trying again I have to get some hue devices. :smile:

Best.