Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

I noticed the same with my cube connected with the Xiaomi Gateway as well. When I shook the Cube my Gateway responded with a Chinese voice and after a few seconds, the cube was working again.

Yeah, seems to be something buggy with my server. Will use a left-over pi instead :slight_smile:

To answer my own question, there now seems to be firmware to make a CC2531 or CC2530 work as a router/repeater. I noticed this page:

I havenā€™t tried it yet personally, but will when my next CC2531 arrives.

Iā€™ve deleted a Xiaomi wireless switch from configuration.yaml and now I want to add again. When I reset the wireless switch (blue led flashing) it wonā€™t be recognised by the zigbee2mqtt bridge. What can I do to add the wireless switch again to the zigbee2mqtt bridge?

Check the pairing guides (just got updated), maybe you get some tips GitHub - Koenkk/zigbee2mqtt: Zigbee šŸ to MQTT bridge šŸŒ‰, get rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges šŸ”Ø

[Solved]: turned out that I didnā€™t have a Xiaomi Aqara wireless switch, but a Xiaomi MiJia wireless switch. They are not the same!

Do you think that this is something that could be supported by the bridge?

https://us.boschsecurity.com/en/products/intrusionalarmsystems/premiseswireless/zigbee/zigbee_products_56458

they arenā€™t supported by HA right now. They will pair and show up as the correct sensor but they never trigger an event and then very shortly they disappear from the system and no longer show up in the entities list.

It would be really nice if we someone could get these useable since they are fairly cheap. And many people here already have them since we assumed they would work in HA.

@finity if you have one, you could try it and see what itā€™s produced. A lot of different support seems to be added for harder to pair devices, so I donā€™t see why this canā€™t be done.

I donā€™t have the equipment to build the bridge so I canā€™t really try it. And Iā€™d rather not spend the money for the equipment unless I have at least some confidence that it will work. Iā€™ve already got lots of little pieces/parts sitting around from failed attempts at a workaround for other devices that wouldnā€™t ā€œjust workā€.

I was hoping someone smarter than me could look at it and give their best educated guess.

1 Like

I donā€™t see why it wouldnā€™t, it supports ZHA 1.2 and also works with smartthings: https://community.smartthings.com/t/bosch-motion-sensor-isw-zpr1-wp13-smartthings-v2-hub/115631/13

In case you have the equipment, feel free to open an issue on github so we can help supporting it.

I have the sensor (actually I have 4 of them just waiting for them to be supported somehow) just not any of the equipment to build the controller bridge.

If you think it will be able to be integrated then I could pull the trigger & order the controller equipment. As I understand it from the wiki all I need are:

CC debugger:

CC2531 Zigbee USB Sniffer:

and a downloader cable:

I already have a spare Raspberry Pi laying around.

I really hope it works. Itā€™s not the $25 wasted that bugs me. Itā€™s my wife nagging me about the growing pile of un-usable stuff laying around that I have to keep trying to justify! :laughing:

I know. My wife tidied the office yesterday. ā€œYou need to do something about all these wires and bits!ā€

2 Likes

I have https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/SmartRF04EB-CC1110-CC2530-ZigBee-Module-USB-Downloader-Emulator/32758806132.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4d01Nfvp that is working.

If you have other sensors or things just sitting around, ping the model list, maybe something else can be put in working condition.

You could maybe take on this offer?

The website says that is no longer available.

Right now all I have in a zigbee ā€œflavorā€ are 4 of the Bosch motion sensors.

I tested this one as well (links from my orders) and itā€™s working: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-SmartRF04EB-CC1110-CC2530-ZigBee-Module-USB-Downloader-Emulator-MCU-NEW/32783177858.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.48a94c4dylSqgu

So these are all in one solutions that donā€™t need a full debugger/cable/sniffer set up?

Iā€™ve ordered a few of these to flash so If youā€™re interested in one PM me and we can discuss shipping etc and as soon as they arrive to me theyā€™ll be shipped out with custom firmware. I wonā€™t be taking any payments until I physically receive the devices from China.
Hope this helps some people out!

1 Like

If anyone from Romania is interested, I am happy to flash for free their CC2531 (Cluj area).

Iā€™m no longer getting state changes for my xiaomi door sensor. I havenā€™t changed anything since originally setting up the bridge. Any help figuring out the issue would be helpful.

This is the error iā€™m getting.

2018-06-07T18:43:51.551Z - warn: Error while starting zigbee-shepherd, attempting to fix... (takes 60 seconds)

Iā€™ve restarted the pi and now it looks like its connected. However, its not publishing any state changes to HA. I also donā€™t see any state changes in the log.

2018-6-7 19:11:43 INFO Connected to MQTT server
2018-6-7 19:11:43 INFO MQTT publish, topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/bridge/state', payload: 'online'
2018-6-7 19:11:43 WARN `permit_join` set to  `true` in configuration.yaml.
2018-6-7 19:11:43 WARN Allowing new devices to join.
2018-6-7 19:11:43 WARN Set `permit_join` to `false` once you joined all devices.
2018-6-7 19:11:43 INFO Zigbee: allowing new devices to join.