Zigbee2mqtt: getting rid of your proprietary Zigbee bridges (Xiaomi, Hue, TRADFRI)

I went with the OSRAM led stripe and I’m very happy with it :slight_smile:

I;m having trouble with my cc2531 router (repeater).

topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x00124b0012023169', payload: '{"state":false,"linkquality":18,"description":"43784/0x00124B0012013C6E","type":"CHILD_FFD_RXI","rssi":0}'
topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x00124b0012023169', payload: '{"state":false,"linkquality":15,"description":"43784/0x00124B0012013C6E","type":"CHILD_FFD_RXI","rssi":0}'
topic: 'zigbee2mqtt/0x00124b0012023169', payload: '{"state":false,"linkquality":15,"description":"0/0x00124B0014D9DFDF","type":"COORD","rssi":16}'

the state is always false, even with the green led on.

I’m not sure but led green is not indicating status. Btw lonkquality seems to be low?

Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

Which one did you go with? There seem to be a lot of products on the osram site!

Personally, I have been using this with several Xiaomi sensors and Ikea lightbulb without any issues for weeks now. Thanks!!

Any idea how to turn off the green light on the zigbee USB coordinator by software? It is lighting up the entire bedroom where the pi stands .:rofl:
Just asking before I start using duck tape to cover it. :sweat_smile:

Right in the middle of the config page…

2 Likes

Thanks, don’t know why I was just looking in the HA config!

1 Like

This is the one: Osram Lightify - LED Tira adhesiva control inalámbrico, IP20, multicolor https://www.amazon.es/dp/B00JDJC1VK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_Wc3QbEpwcBYbV

1 Like

I find I have to restart my zigbee2mqtt docket container daily. Other than that, it’s great and easy to add new ZigBee devices to.

Press the button closest to the usb to toggle the virtual state of the cc2531 the green led toggles with the visual state.

It shows the virtual state doesn’t it, but the virtual state is not represented in the logs

did you get it going, i also run hassio on ubuntu desktop. if so can i have the script. and some basic instructions thanks.

This is my network map. Why is it that there are some devices that are not connected to the co-ordinator or a router. Why is that?

Thanks.

I’ve finally got all the equipment and it’s set up and (I think…) working.

The only question I don’t get is how to actually pair a device.

If I have “permit_join: true” then all I need to do is put my device into pairing mode and it will automatically join without any further action? Then I can do that to each device in series by just putting each one in pairing mode with no other action on the controller side?

Yeah, I saw that but it was kind of vague on what is actually required.

I just wanted to be sure that the way I am assuming it works (in the post above) is actually the way it works.

EDIT: I guess I should also specify that the device I want to pair isn’t specifically listed on that page.

It’s a Sengled E11-G13 bulb.

Btw, the zigate is now opensource : )

Those instructions aren’t remotely vague, you just seem to want there to be more to it which there really isn’t. However, pairing is as far as you’ll get out of the box if your bulb isn’t on the list.

The bulb is listed on the page of supported devices:

But it’s not listed on the page (the page that was linked to above…) that has specific instructions on how to pair only some devices.

The vagueness comes in when the device is listed as being supported but doesn’t have any instructions on how the pairing process works for that specific device.

There seems to be an assumption of knowledge between sentence 3 & 4.

Sometimes the assumptions that we make in the realm of HA that seem to be completely obvious end up being completely wrong. I just thought I’d ask to see if I was thinking correctly so I didn’t waste hours trying to figure out what I was doing wrong because of a wrong assumption. I didn’t think it would be that big of a burden just to say “yes” if i was correct on my assumption of how it works or say “no” if I’m incorrect on that assumption.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like