Zigbee2Mqtt - Ikea blinds

So, been at the summer collage yesterday and today!

Finally I got a decent solution.
I hade some updates for the blinds Buttons, ongoing for months. Skipping the trådfri repeater did the trick!

I grouped the blinds to the Kutcher blinds group.

The I added a bind for the Button “closures” for each blind. Alternativt some struggle with empty batteries and few Button pushes, it worked like charm!!

In The living room I havet six blinds for that group.
I dont know how man binds a Button can taket, Button at least 6.

At the entrance I have a Button for leaving/arriving turning some Light on and off.
In Thatcher automation I adderad activation of the scenen for the blinds.

Now, it is only the two blinds In the guest room left!!

Oh, made the last post from the cell phone, with swedish auto correction…

So to get the Ikea blinds to work in HA with Z2M:

1. Pair each blind directly to Z2M. If possible DON’T use the repeater!!
  2. Pair the button with Z2M.
  3. Click on the in Z2M->Devices and select “Bind” in submenu.
  4. Bind endpoint 1 (the only one) to the blind and its endpoint 1 with Closures. And click on the button up or down to waken it.
  5. Repeat step 4 for each and every blind (I don’t know if more than 6 blinds works)

Test with a button push! Maybe the blinds are out of sync, but after a few pushes it works.

I added all blinds to zigbee groups, just in case it will start working in the future.
If you need to control the groups from HA, then scenes are the hottest option!!

I have, for now, two blind groups. One for the kitchen and one for the livingroom.
I have two scenes for each, open and close.

At the entrance I have a button that calls an automation that calls the up scenes or the down scenes.
When I left yesterday, it worked like charm!

Hope this may help someone!

2 Likes

Hello Francis,
I’ve tried the steps you described - and it seems to work (I had huge trouble with the stability of the connection after the latest firmware, I set also the genPollCtrl to 172800.
I was able to pair the repeater to Z2M.
Then I put the Repeater close to the battery lid and paired the blinds.
The light on the repeater has to stay on? How can I doublecheck if the blind is connected to Z2M over the repeater and not directly?
Because the LQI of both is shown as following:

If the blind is connected over the repeater, shouldn’t both be the same? (also the repeater is closer to the Zigbee antenna)

You can check the map.