HI all, I started with ZHA intergration with my sonoff zigbee dongle with some ecodim dimmer. But after some weeks the dimmers stopped working. I found online that these dimmer are actually not working with ZHA therefore I am trying to go to zigbee2mqtt but I keep having problems. And I am not sure what to try/do to found out a way to make it work.
If anyone has any tips
What I have done
- I flashed the Sonoff zigbee 3.o usb dongle plus following the video:
Update the Sonoff Zigbee Dongle-E Easily - How To - YouTube (twice since it still didn’t work after first try)
I used the files “ncp-uart-sw_v6.10.3_115200.gbl” and “nvm3_initfile.gbl” from
github from this video.
- Installed mosquito broker and kept the default values
- Installed zigbee2mqtt and later on zigbee2mqtt EDGE
- I disabled and later on deleted ZHA. It is discovering the usb dongle, so somehow the usb is
visible for zha.
- I checked if I have write access to the port (which I have)
- Put de dongle in different usb-ports. Also I have an usb splitter and tried that one. Even after
restarting a million times.
- Added the following in my “/config/configuration.yaml” serial:
- Have the following in “/config/zigbee2mqtt/configuration.yaml”
Below are my settings of my mosquito broker (not sure if that can be an issue), of my zigbee2mqtt and a picture of the hardware (for the port).
And the log message can be found here error log zigbee2mqtt - Pastebin.com
Any tips/help is appreciated.
Furthermore, a side question If I cannot solve this issue would it work if I buy a new usb dongle (from a different brand) or will I get into the same problems?
Home Assistant 2023.5.2
Operating System 10.1
Mosquitto broker: 6.2.1
Zigbee2MQTT Edge: version not mentioned but installed 11th may 2023
settings of mosquito broker (defautls)
logins:  require_certificate: false certfile: fullchain.pem keyfile: privkey.pem customize: active: false folder: mosquitto
Settings zigbee2mqtt (EDGE)
data_path: /config/zigbee2mqtt socat: enabled: false master: pty,raw,echo=0,link=/tmp/ttyZ2M,mode=777 slave: tcp-listen:8485,keepalive,nodelay,reuseaddr,keepidle=1,keepintvl=1,keepcnt=5 options: "-d -d" log: false mqtt: base_topic: zigbee2mqtt server: mqtt://core-mosquitto:1883 user: Mqqt_person password: ************* serial: port: /dev/ttyACM0