Zigbee2MQTT OTA Update issue with Aqara wall switch

I have an Aqara Wall Switch (Xiaomi WS-USC03 control via MQTT | Zigbee2MQTT) controlled by Z2M. The Z2M documentation says it supports OTA updates. When I try to check for updates, I get this error:

Failed to check if update available for ‘Kitchen Cabinet Light’ (Failed to find endpoint which support OTA cluster)

All my other zigbee devices in Z2M update fine except this one, including several other Aqara device models.

Anyone one else run into this?

Hope you find an answer from some with with same config located here. That said, you might post over on the zigbee2mqtt forums, more folks there most likely. Also have look thru the bug reports on the zigbee2mqtt herdsman device github, link below. Also review the OTA github that zigbee2mqtt maintains.

Mr. Koenkk and crew are doing great work to OTA more open for zigbee. You could post your question as bug report as well on the herdsman converter github (i think that would be best place). Also check the version of your zigbee2mqtt, there does seem to be a lot of work in the OTA areas recently.

I have one of the USC02 units and it seems to behave properly when I do a OTA check, my zigbee2mqtt version and coordinator info show below as is a picture of my USC02 endpoints for OTA, not sure if just having them for a device is enough, but if your device does not, then that might indicate a converter update is needed.

Unfortunate worse case, if the devices needs a real ‘hack’ firmware upgrade to get it to a point where you need or to get it so its firmware can be OTA’ed by third parties such as zigbee2mqtt, is to buy a Aqara zigbee hub and go thru the hoops of removing it from zigbee2mqtt and adding to aqara hub, then there try the firmware upgrade. (been there unfortunattely with other devices)

Good hunting!

Zigbee2MQTT version
1.33.1 commit: 7e63039
Coordinator type
zStack3x0
Coordinator revision

Not sure when Z2M resolved this but its fixed in the current version at least. OTA for this model device works fine now.