Zigbee2mqtt: show the networkmap in home assistant

Thanks for this. Very helpful.
Btw do you know if all devices report link quality with same scale/units?

No, I’m not sure about that. Its always 0…255 but I guess it is up to the embedded firmware of each device as to how they measure/calculate their lqi value.

Hello, i have the same probkem. Can you put all steps that you do to work?
I’m in RPi3 ~/.homeassistant manually installation.
Best regards

The steps are listed in post 1.

1 Like

is there anyway to add background style
the background should be transparent , that way the color would be set depending on theme

@robin did you already hear of HACS?

Are you planning to add this to HACS?

Yes I have seen HACS and I think I will add this component. To make this possible I have to restructure some parts.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve set a back round color, but I will have a look at it.

thanks mate

Hi, I have upgrade my coordinator firmware and all the devices are working but maps only draw connections between coordinator and routers?
Is there any method to rebuild the map again?

Hi,
i’ve set the zigbee map and works well but i’ve 2 dubts

• Why between my coordinator and router the line is only one and in one direction?
  • Why my 2 lumi sensors (works well) are online but no line between them and coordinator?
    Thanks in advance
    Davide

The dev version of zigbee2mqtt does a much better job of generating the network map - assuming you are able to give that a try.

In this specific case though it looks like your Xiaomi router isn’t responding to the network scan that builds the map. So it hasn’t contributed its coordinator link nor links for the other 2 end devices that are presumably paired with that router. Removing and re-pairing the router --might-- help.

thank you for reply, i’ll try it!
Wher can find dev version of map?
Thanks in advance

I’ve performed some test. The devices without connection line are connect with router, I’ve discovered it because when I unpair it other devices stop send information to coordinator and in this case i see double line between router and coordinator. When i pair again the devices all works fine but on map i see only one line between router and coordinator. May be its a bug

Yes, its most likely a bug. Many bugs have been fixed in the dev version.

Instructions for getting dev version of zigbee2mqtt are here https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/how_tos/how-to-switch-to-dev-branch.html

Thank you again mate. I’ve hassio so i need the edge version. If I switch to edge version i need to pair all devices or not?

Shouldn’t need to.

Congratulation to Robin for a job well done with the Network Map extension. I have it working flawlessly with the instructions provided.

I am new to HA and have no experience in javascript or python but it seems to me that one feature that is missing in the network map extension is the ability to rename devices in the map to meaningful names. I found an openhab forum article by Andreas Brett showing how to do this Openhab but am unable to translate this to my hassio Home Assistant instance.

It can be done elsewhere in the ha interface though.

I haven’t done this yet, but it looks as if you can rename devices from within Z2M’s config.
there is some info on this page.
https://www.zigbee2mqtt.io/configuration/configuration.html