Zigbee2mqtt: show the networkmap in home assistant

It’s a service, not a script. You have to create a script that calls the service but I recommend you create an automation as described in the first post.
You can also call a service via the developer tools:
https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/scripts/service-calls/

1 Like

Ah, I get it now. Thank you!
This is the first component that I’ve used that worked in this manner, so I was obviously a bit confused.

my automations.yaml don’t works.
i follow this guide, my configuration.yaml :

automation: !include automations.yaml

and this is my automations.yaml:

- id: update_networkmap
  alias: 'Zigbee Map Update'
  hide_entity: true
  trigger:
    platform: time
    minutes: '/10'
    seconds: 00
  action:
    service: zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update

but nothing append.

Then i read anyone that include bridge status for example “input_boolean.zigbee_permit_join” but i don’t have it, or sensor.bridge_status, where i find it?

thanks

Can you call the service by manual?
The other entities are described in the hass.io addon for zigbee2mqtt.

1 Like

Thanks for that component. Nicly done!

Could you add something like a timestamp to that output?

Also it would be nice to be able to auto update this with custom updater.

Hey, I’ve added the date of the last update under the map now:

I’m not familiar with the Custom_updater, but I’ll check it out as soon as I have more time.
I’m also thinking about adding an update button. I think with a webhook this could be possible.

1 Like

thank you so much, solved my issue

how can i change this to normale date time? (this is the time when zigbeenetwork update calls)

23:40:00.056656

i want to view 23:40 only

thanks

I have implemented the update button. If you want to use this button you have to activate the webhook component in the configuration:

webhook:

If the button is clicked, the webhook is called first. Then I wait a few seconds until the updated data should be available. Then the page will be reloaded.

1 Like

Any chance you could get this to be compatible with the custom_updater, so the version of this can be easily updated? Per their docs, it looks like it’s a matter of adding a custom JSON file to your repo to track the version.

@Robin this component already worked for me. I don’t know which version exactly, but it was one without dragging.

Now I updated and copied the new files to my folders, but I don’t get a map as before.

Also the button is not showing up. I have webhook activated.

EDIT: I little more information. I still can see that the network map is generated in the logs of zigbee2mqtt.

EDIT2: I read threw the posts above Clearing the cache brought up the update now button, but I still get a blank image. Also pushing the Update button doesn’t do anything in the zigbee addon. I would expect a network scan. Any other suggestions?

Could you add the information about cleaning the cache to your documentation?

Did you restart home assistant after copying the new zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.py into your directory? Do you get an error message in the log (HA) when you run the service zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update?

Yes I did restart ha. I also rebootet the host system.

I don’t get an error in the ha log and I get this in the zigbee log

zigbee2mqtt:info 2019-1-20 20:16:56 Starting network scan...
  zigbee2mqtt:info 2019-1-20 20:16:57 Network scan completed

Should there come something else after this, liek the output of that scan, because I can’t see it.

The the communication works.
Still no map in the ipanel frame.

1 Like

I might found the reason why it doesn’t show anything.

I used this before your component:

zigbee2mqtt/bridge/networkmap

Allows you to retrieve a map of your zigbee network. Possible payloads are raw , graphviz . Zigbee2mqtt will send the networkmap to zigbee2mqtt/bridge/networkmap/[graphviz OR raw] .

When i publish graphviz to that topic it shows the same as running zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update, but I don’t get any output about the networkmap.
When I publish raw I get some information.

I’m using zigbee2mqtt edge since some days. Doesn’t edge support this?

EDIT:
Seems like I have this issue

EDIT2: Reinstalling Edge solved this.

@Robin I have a new issue now. get this (invalid date)

But the rest works now? Maybe the date is related to the browser locale. Can you please paste the variable ‘last_update’ from the source.js?

The rest works.

This is how it looks:
var last_update = new Date('2019-01-20 21:45:59.787889');

Browser: Safari

Ok it looks like this date format is not supported by Safari. I will try to find a workaround tomorrow.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4310953/invalid-date-in-safari
I think with slashes instead of dashes it should work.

Thanks, let me know when I can help testing something.

I could also change that date manually, right? Just to see if safari accepts that format.

Yeah, and you don’t have to clean up the cache to do that.

Looks awesome, but for some reason, I can’t get it to work. All I get is this

. I added the below to my config and I added the required files

webhook: 

zigbee2mqtt_networkmap:

panel_iframe:
  networkmap:
    title: 'Zigbee Map'
    url: '/local/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/map.html'
    icon: 'mdi:graphql'

EDIT: Nevermind… Moving to the dev branch of zigbee2mqtt solved the problem