Zigbee2mqtt: show the networkmap in home assistant

Thank you for the neat’o zigbee mapping.

What a great addition for z2m users.
Its helping this z2m noob understand a bit more about my home zb network.

Many thanks. :+1:

1 Like

I would like to use the plugin, but after following the tutorial on github, I get the following errors in my chrome console when opening the Zigbee Map in Home Assistant:

map.html:31 GET https://home.myurl.nl/local/zigbee2mqtt_networkmap/source.js?v=1556186462414 404 (Not Found)
(anonymous) @ map.html:31
map.html:49 Uncaught ReferenceError: last_update is not defined
at map.html:49
(anonymous) @ map.html:49
map.html:71 Uncaught ReferenceError: graph is not defined
at updateMap (map.html:71)
at map.html:99

I am pretty sure I didn’t miss a step in the tutorial. There is no source.js in the zip file in the www folder, should that be created automatically?

I restarted HA already, and ran the zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update service.

After updating Hass.io to 0.92, I get these warnings:

2019-04-25 12:07:19 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.mqtt] Signature of MQTT msg_callback 'custom_components.zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.message_received' is deprecated
2019-04-25 12:07:26 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Unable to find services.yaml for the zigbee2mqtt_networkmap integration

Do you know what I have to do?

Thanks!

1 Like

Nothing. Nothing to worry about.

For now… I’m sure today’s warning will be tomorrow’s error.

I just committed an update. The component is now in its own folder, the depracated method is no longer used and I have created a service.yaml. So everything should be fine again.

@Robin Any clue on this one?

It seems that the source.js file is not created. This file is created by the service. Do you get an error message in the log when you call it?

Nope, no errors in either the HA log nor the Z2M log… The permissions of the www folder and the zigbee2mqtt_networkmap subfolder are 755.

Maybe you set another mqtt base topic than zigbee2mqtt?
Do you see the following entries in the zigbee2mqtt log when you call the service?

Ah, that might be the problem: my topic base is indeed z2m. Nothing in the zigbee2mqtt logs when I call the service, but when I subscribe on # in MqttBox, I see the following. Is it possible to use the networkmap with a different topic base?

Yes you can change the topic:

zigbee2mqtt_networkmap:
      topic: your topic

Awesome! With the custom topic, it all works. Thanks

The component is really great!!! I was wondering why I’m not able to pair new devices to my network so this was the reason to try this component.
Now I get this beautiful interactive map but I do understand nothing, I mean most of my devices are working correctly but are called “offline” and also there is no connection to see.

Otherwise a lot of double connections are there.

My question may anybody help me with my map situation?! I’ld love to buy you a coffee than ^^
Another question, I didn’t find some documentary for a explanation to this network map thing. Is there somewhere more information to learn about this legends and connection things?!

hi there
i get the following error on the log:
2019-05-27 09:40:00 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.automation] Error while executing automation automation.zigbee_map_aktualisieren. Service not found for call_service at pos 1: (ServiceNotFound(…), ‘Service zigbee2mqtt_networkmap.update not found’)

also it does not update
when i try to call the srvice it also says that service is not available
can someone support please?

zigbee2mqtt_networkmap:

Did you put this line in configuration.yaml?

The same happened to me after I updated the firmware. The creation of the network card in zigbee2mqtt is still a bit buggy.

1 Like

I’m also not sure if the changes I had to make for HA 0.92 are compatible with older versions. Which version are you using?

I
FINALLY i made it work
altough my smarthings sensor is online but shows offline

how can i update it correctly?

hey robin, but do you have some explanation on what i see?! I mean whats the meaning of dotted lines, double lines, the numbers and so on :slight_smile: