Zigbee2QMTT setup

An old rookie here!! May have been starting at this too long, but I can’t find the issue. First time setup of a Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 coordinator on HA running on a NUC. Attached with a 3-4ft extension. But this issue (to me) seem more about permissions. But I made all the component pieces have the same user name and password (configs in the image below). Is there a write permission or something else I’m missing? Any debug clues would be appreciated. Thanks

Create a HA user with name mqtt_user and password mqtt_password

1 Like

That was item 1 above.

Also when I refresh Zigbee2QMTT I get a 503 Bad Gateway error. Seems like a communication issue between MQTT and Zigbee2MQTT.

Also ran the Zigbee coordinator (same cable, NUC, location, etc.) with ZHA and it run just fine.

drop adapter: ezsp. I’m not positive it’s your issue, but it’s an advanced option that isn’t needed

And just to be sure, is it a 502 or 503 error? Post your MQTT log

That means the add-on isn’t started.

The Z2M add-on docs say that for use with the Mosquitto add-on you should leave the entire MQTT section empty

1 Like

I had always left the MQTT section empty, but recently had similar issues when changing a coordinator. I had to populate the logins: field to get MQTT to connect to Z2M. Symbols seem to be an issue as well with the password.

By no means an expert, just sharing my experience.

MQTT config

logins:
  - username: mqtt
    password: yourpassword
require_certificate: false
certfile: fullchain.pem
keyfile: privkey.pem
customize:
  active: false
  folder: mosquitto