Ziggo mediabox next

I noticed, i have the same issue on one box. The updates are not coming through anymore.

1 Like

Great work so far sholofly! I’m following this topic from now on.

1 Like

@roybosch Thanks. I have updated the component yesterday with a useful modification from shortwood which added info for playing DVR and faster responds to channel switching.

What’s the easiest way to upgrade/update?

In belgium we have Telenet TV Box. It’s the same hardware.
If i change the url to https://web-api-prod-obo.horizon.tv/oesp/v3/BE/nld/web/channels for example i can see the different channels for our country.
How can i test your script if it would work for your south neighbours?

thanks in advance

Hi Jeroom,

we had the same problem in Switzerland, using also the same hardware.

This post describes the changes of the Servers to make the component run with the Swiss Servers and it might be a good help for you to make it running in Belgium as well:

Cheers René

i can turn it on and off and change channel, only thing that doesnt work is a image of the channel being watched. Any one has any succes with that?

Hi,

I´m using the component since a while now and it works pretty well.

I found one issue. When I use media_player.turn_off in an automation and the box is already off, then it switches on again.

So it seems that this is toggling the box instead of switching it off. Can somebody confirm? Can this be fixed? I know I could solve that with an additional condition.

Regards
René

Download the code from GitHub and copy it over the custom component.
Restart HA and off you go!

Doesn’t make any difference here. I cant also see which channel is playing at the moment.

I just did an update of the custom component. Please update the custom component to the latest version and let me know if it works for you.

Great work.
Could you build your github repo in such a way that we can use HACS to add the component to HA?

1 Like

Did update the custom component. Getting error when restarting HA.

2020-01-13 20:13:42 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.weather] Error while setting up platform met
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/runners.py", line 43, in run
    return loop.run_until_complete(main)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/base_events.py", line 579, in run_until_complete
    return future.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/__main__.py", line 291, in setup_and_run_hass
    log_no_color=args.log_no_color,
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 148, in async_from_config_file
    config_dict, hass, enable_log=False, skip_pip=skip_pip
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 93, in async_from_config_dict
    await _async_set_up_integrations(hass, config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/bootstrap.py", line 374, in _async_set_up_integrations
    *(async_setup_component(hass, domain, config) for domain in domains_to_load)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 569, in async_forward_entry_setup
    result = await async_setup_component(self.hass, domain, self._hass_config)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 45, in async_setup_component
    return await setup_tasks[domain]  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 51, in async_setup_component
    return await task  # type: ignore
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 147, in _async_setup_component
    hass, config, integration
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 761, in async_process_component_config
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 232, in get_platform
    f"{self.pkg_path}.{platform_name}"
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 724, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 860, in get_code
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 791, in source_to_code
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggo_mediabox_next/media_player.py", line 113
    if self.box_state.image is not None:
                                       ^
TabError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation

HA won’t start normally…

1 Like

@silver323 Man, i’m sorry for the inconvenience! I had noticed already.
I did an quick fix for an cached image and it failed me on tabs and spaces. I’ve fixed it already. Please remove the integration and re install it.

I just did and submitted a PR to the HACS default repo. You can install it as a custom repo: Sholofly/ZiggoNext.

Great sounds good. Will try it tomorrow…
Thanks for your reply.

@sholofly Did the install from Hacs. Everything works but I don’t see any difference with the old custom component.
Doesn’t see what’s playing with an image. If i change channel I see a message on tv that the title is send to home assistant. But nothing happens at the HA.

+1 same issue here, using the mini-media-player card

Ok, please help me to debug. Maybe i can narrow down the issue…
Would you try to give a command using the zigogo.tv webapp? I had the same last night. after using the web app my images came up. I wasn’t able to reproduce it anymore…

Okay @sholofly, I tested with the ziggogo.tv site. When I played from there to my tv the image changed at HA. So that’s working
Now when I go to HA and change channel it also changed. Something at the webapp triggerd the HA component I guess