Ziggo mediabox next

@IIStevowII, tnx A lot!
Running fine for a couple of day’s now!
Really love what you did!

@Veldkornet my pictures are changing every switch of selected station. Are yours?

The only thing i’m still playing with is how to start the box from “sleep” mode…

@Veldkornet it should update everytime you switch from a channel. If you switch channels with the remote it doesn’t work, it only keeps track of the channel selected through HA.

@Rosiaantje glad to hear you like it! I haven’t figured out how to start it from sleep mode, so I just disabled the eco mode in settings so it always stays standby. (blue light)

@arjenotto You could try to see if the logging says something useful, maybe even enable debug level so you get additional logging. I don’t get notifications on this thread because I’m not the topic starter, so without a mention I have no clue someone says something here. But i’ll try to help you if possible.

@IIStevowII, I’m quite new with the Raspberry Pi and hass.io. In your instructions you wrote:

1. Download the content of this repository
  2. Place the directory “ziggo-mediabox-next” in the “custom_components” directory of your Home Assistant installation.

I cannot find the “custom_components” directory via the Samba share. I only see addons, backup, config, share and a ssl directory. I’ve searched in these but no trace of a custom_components directory. Can you please tell me how to locate it?

@robertwebbe if you haven’t installed any custom components yet you have to make the folder manually. Just create an folder in the folder where your configuration.yaml is located. Looking @ what you wrote that would be in your config folder.

1 Like

@robertwebbe You can indeed just create a new directory called custom_components inside your config directory, place it there and reboot hass.io

Thanks for your help @Rosiaantje.

I’ve created the folders, copied the content, added the code to the configuration.yaml file (with my Ziggo account credentials) and rebooted.
Now I get the error “Integration ziggo-mediabox-next not found when trying to verify its media_player platform.” The Mediabox Next is switched on and playing.
What do I miss?

EDIT: I already found out what I did wrong, I created the custom_components folder myself and copied the whole bunch in it. In the data was also the folder custom_components. I’ve moved it up and now the error is gone :slight_smile:

Wat briljant! Dank.

Received an email from Ziggo that firmware on the next box will be updated later this week. Hope it will not break this marvelous component…

Anyone else have problems after updating to 0.97?

I get the following:

Failed to get platform media_player.ziggo-mediabox-next
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config.py", line 795, in async_process_component_config
    platform = p_integration.get_platform(domain)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 235, in get_platform
    "{}.{}".format(self.pkg_path, platform_name)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/config/custom_components/ziggo-mediabox-next/media_player.py", line 9, in <module>
    from homeassistant.components.media_player import (PLATFORM_SCHEMA, MEDIA_PLAYER_SCHEMA)
ImportError: cannot import name 'MEDIA_PLAYER_SCHEMA' from 'homeassistant.components.media_player' (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/media_player/__init__.py)

After the update to 0.97 I get the following error when I do a config check;

General Errors:
    - Platform not found: media_player.ziggo-mediabox-next

I have got the same error.

You can make it work again by removing MEDIA_PLAYER_SCHEMA from media_player.py
The file is in de custom component directory.

I have got the same error.

do you mean the whole line or only that particular text?
get it has to do with the HAS internal upgrade works the did…

Remove only the part MEDIA_PLAYER_SCHEMA. Yeah, it has to do with the update

Kees,

Thanks for the fast reply!

indeed for me it fixed the error!

Just received my next media box today and installed this component. Works without a problem!
Nice work!

Hi guys, I created a new component, based on Stevens, that support multiple boxes. It’s far from finished. But it’s a start. I will add some more features shortly. Feel free to join development or submit feature requests or issues.

Got this error after installing Stevowll’s component. What to do?
ziggo-mediabox-next: Error on device update! Traceback (most recent call last): File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 292, in _async_add_entity await entity.async_device_update(warning=False) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 441, in async_device_update await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update) File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/Users/Thuis/.homeassistant/custom_components/ziggo-mediabox-next/mediabox_next.py", line 158, in update self._client.start() File "/Users/Thuis/.homeassistant/custom_components/ziggo-mediabox-next/mqtt_client.py", line 78, in start self._client.connect(DEFAULT_HOST, DEFAULT_PORT) File "/Users/Thuis/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 839, in connect return self.reconnect() File "/Users/Thuis/.homeassistant/deps/lib/python/site-packages/paho/mqtt/client.py", line 994, in reconnect sock.do_handshake() File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 1139, in do_handshake self._sslobj.do_handshake() ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: self signed certificate in certificate chain (_ssl.c:1076)