Ziggo mediabox next

Ok, please help me to debug. Maybe i can narrow down the issue…
Would you try to give a command using the zigogo.tv webapp? I had the same last night. after using the web app my images came up. I wasn’t able to reproduce it anymore…

Okay @sholofly, I tested with the ziggogo.tv site. When I played from there to my tv the image changed at HA. So that’s working
Now when I go to HA and change channel it also changed. Something at the webapp triggerd the HA component I guess

That’s exactly what i had. Strange behavior… I’ll investigate it a bit more.

1 Like

Hmm okay. So it works simular for more people. Yes let us know. Thanks for your help.

Same here, after using the webappcor mobile app its working.

Please note that after updating to the latest version the old entity is not working anymore, a new one is created

Well, another issue i think.
When the box is off, the image is still refreshing.

Don’t know if that is already fix in the newer version?

Would you mind to submit your issue in my github repo (https://github.com/Sholofly/ZiggoNext)? I did an update this morning. Please note: The player will appear under a new name . (the name you can edit on ziggogo.tv settings)

No problem. I will first try the update. Then will check if the problem still exist with the image.

Not sure of its possible at all, but we can turn off both the next device and a tv with the remote, would it be possible to implement this in the component? I suppose it uses hdmi cec

I would also like to make some automations based on the selected source (for instance all lights turn green when watching fox sports), but i believe that the source is not reported back as a state, is this something that is possible?

Sorry for the requests!

Hi @PostSven, After some investigation (reverse engineering the javascript on the ziggogo.tv) I can’t find a way to fix this.

@PostSven I can add a state with the selected source. Please submit a feature request in my github repo. I will take a look soon.

Thank you! i created a new request on your gh!

Hello, maybe someone can help me. I have HA running on my synology in docker. Trying to connect my ziggo next box.

Getting thw following error:
Error while setting up platform ziggonext
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py”, line 150, in _async_setup_platform
await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py”, line 442, in wait_for
return fut.result()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py”, line 57, in run
result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File “/config/custom_components/ziggonext/media_player.py”, line 39, in setup_platform
api.initialize(_LOGGER)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py”, line 113, in initialize
self.get_session_and_token()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py”, line 76, in get_session_and_token
session = self.get_session()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py”, line 72, in get_session
raise ZiggoNextConnectionError(“Oops”)
ziggonext.exceptions.ZiggoNextConnectionError: Oops

HA will still start but I dont see any ziggo device.

Anybody got some advice?

Regards,

Huub

I cannot help, but I have the same environment and get exactly the same errors.

@sholofly
I’m from Switzerland and we have the same box here. In the first version it was working fine when we adapted the servers to the swiss one. In the current version I do not find any Server addresses anymore. Was that changed? Is the new plugin working different? Do you think the new plugin can work with the swiss boxes?

Regards
René

@huub The error message isn’t very neat and helpful is it? :wink:
It’s failing to retrieve session information at the ziggo endpoint. This could be due to incorrect credentials, or due to connection problems. Please do recheck your credentials and make sure you use the same credentials as you do at ziggogo.tv.
Otherwise my best guess it’s a network problem…

@rene-zuch, i moved the connection logic of this component to a separate python package : https://pypi.org/project/ziggonext/ Thats where the magic happens.

Please create a feature request in my github repo for this component. Add the URL’s for your country to it, and i will try to make it work :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply. I made a feature request and put in the URL´s.

Thx
René

Hi, I have Home Assistant running on my MacBook and just installed latest version of ZiggoNext but I got the following error:

2020-01-18 13:13:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component ziggonext
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/username/homeassistant/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 174, in _async_setup_component
    component.setup, hass, processed_config  # type: ignore
  File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/Users/username/.homeassistant/custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py", line 25, in setup
    api = ZiggoNext(config[DOMAIN][CONF_USERNAME], config[DOMAIN][CONF_PASSWORD])
KeyError: 'ziggonext'
2020-01-18 13:13:10 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform ziggonext.sensor: Unable to set up component.

Username and password just checked in config file and on ziggogo.tv and these are OK. What could be wrong?

Did you change your configuration.yaml as stated in the breaking change?