Ziggo mediabox next

Yes, we use https://www.yeloplay.be/

@sholofly i just installed the latest version of your component, i am very impressed! it works like a charm, source is identified on startup, no need to connect with the webapp first, also changing source from the remote is updated very quickly!

Good to hear! Largest part of the credits are for to Basst85 who fixed it nodejs for a single box… It gave me a hard time to make it work for multiple boxes. In the coming weeks i will research if i can add my component to the core of HA using auto discovery :slight_smile:

I’ve just installed the latest version. Great work.
Source is only not recognized after an restart of HA. But I can activate it in HA with selecting an source.
So that’s nice.

Is it possible with the ziggonext sensor to add a 3rd state: idle/unknown for when the Next is playing youtube of nexflix? of maybe the attribute ‘content’ which is now always on ‘tvshow’?

this way is could create an automation when the state/attribute changes from playing music on youtube, or a serie on nexflix back to the normal TV playing I could send an IR signal to the receiver to change to another sound mode :slight_smile:

@sholofly what is the difference between your version and IIStevowII version?

My version supports multiple boxes, sensor for the current channel for each box and showing a preview of current playing channel… technically there a more differences in the way communication with the boxes is done. Multiple box support is the reason I started for my self. I’m not sure but I guess I have a fix for ‘now playing information’ that @IIStevowIIs version hasn’t yet.

This is a nice idea! perhaps you can create a feature request on @sholofly github page!

I can confirm that the component from @sholofly is more mature!

• updates source info from all sided (HA, Remote, web app etc) and reflects properly in HA.
  • works instantly, no need to connect to the web app to sync the source info etc.
  • works with multiple boxes
  • the sensor that was added to the component allows you to grab the source (i know you could create your own value template sensor, but out of the box it’s also good :slight_smile: ).
1 Like

Please submit a feature request! Sounds like a useful enhancement!

1 Like

@sholofly Just wanted to say that I love what you did with this custom component. I’ve only been using it since yesterday, but this works great! It’s smooth, quick and works great. This should get into core definitely.

1 Like

Thanks m8, enjoy using it! If you find bugs or see possible new features, please submit them in my repo. The core integration is halfway. Writing documentation is the hardest part. :slight_smile:

Hi @gertha, I’ve added some attributes to the media player:

Play_mode: app
yes thanks!

Oh, nice! Could be useful.

I think I am entering something wrong …

I have installed the plugin, only I get an error message …

I do not use secrets.yaml
and set the following in configuration.yaml
ziggonext:
username: *******
password: *******

At Ziggogo I can simply log in.

File "/config/custom_components/ziggonext/__init__.py", line 30, in setup
    api.initialize(_LOGGER)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 115, in initialize
    self.get_session_and_token()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 80, in get_session_and_token
    self.get_session()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ziggonext/ziggonext.py", line 76, in get_session
    raise ZiggoNextConnectionError("Oops")
ziggonext.exceptions.ZiggoNextConnectionError: Oops

Are your indentations correct?

# ZiggoNext box
ziggonext:
  username: ziggo_username
  password: ziggo_password

Great work! Installed the latest version.
There was one thing that i saw. When I watch something back with replay tv the sensor stays unknown.
Maybe something to add?

I mean is your configuration.yaml correct as in the code block? The one you pasted is not formatted properly

For belgium the website has changed. Its https://www.telenettv.be/ with basicly the same ui as the ziggo one.

Dont know if its possible to configure this then?

thx in advance