ZigStar - ZigBee Coordinators and Routers

Hi, thank you,anything what is more than 0.7 A should work.

OK thanks !!

:warning: New shop alternative :warning:

UZG-01 now can be ordered directly from China, with more shipping methods and fastest delivery options.
Check our partner website for more information.
UZG-01 (ZigStar UZG-01)

Is there any downside to the USG-01 by not having the newer EFR32MG21 chip? Trying to decide between this and the TubesZS EFR32 coordinator.

In my understanding,all depending on what Zigbee System you will be using, if ZHA only then EFR,if Z2M and ZHA then CC2652P, this is my opinion.
Tubes devices are very good. No doubt

1 Like

Thanks!

I also used ZHA Vs Zigbee2Mqtt - #3 by jerrm and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWzzNe5gm5s to help decide.

I went with the ZHA/CC2652P to keep things simple.

1 Like

My intention is to purchase the ZigStar UZG-01 to replace my Sonoff dongle-P for Zigbee network. Could you please share your experience with this device? I am hoping it will enhance my Zigbee network.

1 Like

Is the new version with the CC2652P7 chip matter compatible?

According to TI datasheets It is compatible,but still no firmware or software for this transition.

You facing any issues with Sonoff?
UZG is mostly for people who need to use over LAN and keep device remotely inside the house.

I just received my UZG-01 labeled v.0.2 (assuming that is the CC2652P7? states CC2652PP1FRGZR on the status page) and I am having trouble flashing it. I want to migrate from my Electrolama adapter so I need to change the IEEE adress when flashing, but I cannot get it to be recognized in both Flash Programmer 2 or ZigstarGW MT. Seems the issue is I cannot get it into BSL mode. I’ve tried to hold the button for 4-8 seconds as the guides say but no luck. I’ve tried pressing “Zigbee flash mode” in the GUI. Anyone that has any ideas for me?

Error in GW tool is “timeout waiting for ACK/NACK”

In Flash Programmer 2 I can connect successfully but when I try to flash it fails with

Unknown record type: 3.
Reset target …
Reset of target successful."

Hi, your device come pre-flashed with correct firmware.
You dont need to change IEEE address,just stop Z2M,change port settings and start Z2M,all will be restored on UZG-01.

About flashing,currently not all softwares support CC2652P7, is possible only to flash using HA Addon

Best Regards

1 Like

Thank you, will try that :slight_smile:

Worked like a charm, thank you so much :slight_smile: I was looking at a guide for the non-P7. Much love!

I did not even know this was possible.
thx :slight_smile:

Do you know if the UZG-01 is sensitive to low temperatures? I had it stop communicating with my HA today, but the ESP was alive and reachable. Did a reboot and it did not come online. I had it placed in my garage where the temperature was around 3 C. Took it inside after a few power cycles without any success and it came back online and is working now.

Will need more details on this(will DM you), components on the board are rated consumer grade: 0-75 degrees C.
Will need to check myself and test.

1 Like

Hello,

I have strange issue, no possible connect over Ethernet, tried on different routers and even on PC. If I set manual IP it shows connection 10Mbit/s Full Duplex but unable to ping it or connect to it. Is the device is broken or do I need some setup for it? I even have flashed it with CC1352P2_CC2652P_launchpad_coordinator_20230507 but nothing has changed.
device info:
FW version : 0.6.10
Hardware : TTGO T-Internet-POE
ESP32 model : ESP32-D0WDQ5

Hello,

I am satisfied with my two Zigstar UZG-01 v01 PoE and I purchased an additional three coordinators from China. They should be labeled v02. I could not choose PoE, but I guess they are PoE compatible.

The current topology is:

Summer house : UZG01 on Ethernet (PoE) + 30 ZIgbee devices.
<=== Wireguard VPN over fiber lines ===>
Main house : Home assistant managed (Docker) on PC Engines APU2 (4GB RAM) on Ethernet.

One issue is that some Zigbee end-devices (not the UZG-01) disconnect and vanish from network and stay in disconnected mode. I would like to understand what is going on : could be bad battery, bad design of devices (some are Sonoff motion detectors known to have problems) or maybe network problems.

A strange issue is that devices can stay in “half mode”, example: detection stay on forever. Even after rebooting Home Assistant and the UZG01.

All Ethernet devices are monitored with uptime Kuma and Home assistant. I never use wireless WIFI anywhere for reliability reasons (all PoE). All devices are running on UPS. On both sides I am running wireguard on Mikrotik devices.

Once a week, there can be a 20 seconds to 4 minutes downlink between sites, usually a wireguard issue, but no more. Today I had a wireguard downlink from 14:19 to 14:23.

So my question is : how reliable should an Ethernet network connection be to use the UZG01?

Should I consider running zigbee2mqtt on same site as the UZG01 for reliability reasons? Example : Two or more UZG-01 (PoE) in Summerhouse <=> Zigbee2mqtt (summerhouse) <=> Wireguard VPN <=> Home assistant (main house over Wireguard). All devices including the UZG-01 have latest firmwares.

Any idea?

For example Mikrotik offers a Lorawan Ethernet device, but it includes an MQTT broket to talk to TheThingsNetwork. Is there a way to install a ZigbeetoMQTT broker on the UZG?

Kind regards,
FFries

After investigating, Wireguard was always ON and the remote gateway can be binged.

It it the UZG01 that does not always respond (see below)

The UZG01 claims to be up 4 days but sometimes does not communicate over Ethernet in ping response: