Zooz devices with duplicate entities

I have a handful of ZEN71, ZEN72, ZEN30, and ZSE41 devices. The standard switches and dimmers (71/72) work fine but the ZEN30 and ZSE41 are duplicating switch and sensor entities in HA.

ZEN30:

ZSE41:
(moving to a reply because I’m a new user and can only have one attachment)

From checking with Zooz support, I’ve tried re-interviewing, excluding/including (wtihout security), and factory reset. These devices always come back with duplicate entities. In fact,I have multiple of each and all of my ZEN30 / ZSE41 devices behave this way and all of my ZEN71 / ZEN72 devices are normal.

Has anyone not had this problem? Should I hide or disable them – or even delete them?

I hit the attachment limit for new users, so here’s the other.

ZSE41:

1 Like

The ZEN30 entities are duplicated because Zooz made a poor design decision related to multi-channel endpoints. https://github.com/zwave-js/node-zwave-js/pull/4736

However there should only be a duplicate switch entity, not a second light one, so maybe they fixed the problem in this latest revision of the device and the workaround is not required. You could submit an issue to node-zwave-js, including the full driver debug logs of a re-interview, and/or disable the entities that aren’t useful to you (firmware changelog doesn’t indicate anything).

Unfortunately, the ZSE41 extra sensors are normal. This is the case for every Z-Wave door sensor and Z-Wave JS, as there is no way to know whether position is supported or not. Just disable the entities that you don’t need. I would pick the one that points to the “simple” sensor. Triggering the door open/close should reveal that easily, or you can download the device diagnostic and find the entity.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve opened an issue here.

Found this post after experiencing the same issue with the first ZSE41 sensor I included in my network today (13 more to go).

Thank you for pointing out this known issue.

1 Like