Zooz firmware updates failing

In HA I was advised of firmware updates for several devices including a Zooz 76. I did the install for one and then I got an error message that Zwave JS no longer recognized the device. I had to re-include the device and decided not to do the other firmware updates.
This was the update message in HA:

Salon ALL Firmware

19 minutes ago

Last changed:19 minutes ago

Last updated:19 minutes ago

Installed version

Latest version

Includes firmware versions: 10.0, 10.10, 10.20.

* Fixed central scene bug for control of its own load in smart bulb mode.
* Added parameter 18 to disable LED blinking when a setting is changed. See all settings here.
* Changed the manual operation for disabling the relay (smart bulb mode).
* Improved the factory reset procedure: The switch will not lock up if the factory reset is not successful in certain scenarios.

Did anyone have the same experience with these firmware updates ?

I had five switches updated today. The 5 updates went perfectly, no errors.

1 Like

thanks i’ll try again tomorrow

I updated a water leak sensor without any problems. Watching it for a few days to pull the trigger on updating the others.

1 Like

I had six to update. Started with a Zooz Zen22. Update appeared to work but HA zwave controller reported it dead. I tried exclusion and inclusion with no luck.

Unfortunately, I then deleted the dead device from the controller to try a fresh inclusion. I now see in the manual that this version of the Zen22 cannot be manually reset at the device – only via the controller.

Don’t make the same mistake. This device is now a dumb switch. :frowning:

Update: User error. This switch was a Zen72. Once I used the right sent of instructions, everything came back online fine. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I was able to do an exclusion followed by a succesful inclusion.

I updated a water leak sensor fine. The second one ate the whole battery and the firmware download stalled. Inserted a new battery and tried again, with the same result. Quit. If it ain’t broken…

1 Like

I have a LOT of Zooz devices. All of the updates went well except for the Zen73’s. All four of the ZEN73’s failed. All four are on firmware: 2.10.0. All four want to go to firmware: 10.0.1 . All the other Zooz devices were much smaller version bumps.

Mine don’t have the same inclusion problem. The update simply gets to 100% and the dialog box goes away. Resetting the device shows the same old firmware. No idea what is going on. Could it be related? Thoughts?

I’m in the same boat, have a few dozen Zooz devices all showing updates available, started with a ZEN26 and had to do a “replace” on the thing to get it to re-include after the update. Not looking forward to doing that across the remaining devices.

1 Like

Decided to just go ahead, I have 5 ZEN26’s that needed an update and every single one of them required a reset and rejoin.

0% success rate thus far, not a great showing.