Zooz ZEN32 Control and Track all in one

I had actually tried that when I initially reported this. Figured it wouldn’t hurt. But it’s like the BP doesn’t even see the button press.

Think I fixed the relay LED issue, please try it out. Also added setting the switch parameters to the blueprint so it’s easier.

The night time conditional is going to be really confusing, I’m concerned it’s already too confusing. If you have a way to make that easy to understand, I’m open to it. Can already see the next request to choose which buttons follow nighttime as well…

Hey Roy, think Version : 2024.6.1-71 fixed the issue, and the note at the top about parameter 20 is helpful.

I understand about night time, and if its too much dont worry about it. My thought was That sometimes i have 3 out of the 5 buttons on so their LED indicators are on telling me which ones are on. Then night mode kicks in and all the LEDs are now dark, so I have to just rely on memory, now one Zen32 isnt a problem, i have 10 though so I could see that being a bit annoying. But by no means a dealbreaker problem.

Over all the blueprint is great.

For me, i only use nightime on the bedroom switch. So i want them all off. I’ll think about it…

True, I have about 5 in bedrooms so it is less of a concern. And ideally when you turn the buttons off that were on then the LEDs would be off until the morning.

@AxeBro Latest version fix your issue? All good?

sorry - just tried latest - didn’t work. Created a whole new automation… we’re getting closer, as at least now it “triggers” the blueprint - just that the light doesn’t do anything:

for all intents and purposes, it should work. It’s even firing the right part of the blueprint:

Nothing happens at the light. What’s strange is that when I “run” that from inside the BP it works fine.

We’re super close to this. Thank you for this.

Another data point - I have a 800LR that’s also being ignored by the BP.

Scene Controller - Family Room fired Central Scene CC ‘value notification’ event for ‘Scene 002’: ‘KeyPressed’

9:04:53 PM - 35 seconds ago

There’s no Traces in the automation. And I created this Automation after re-importing the bp.

The only thing I noticed is that they are both going through a repeater. I wonder if that’s a cause?

@AxeBro Z-wave being repeated will not affect this. You have something else happening… are the rest of your Z-wave devices working ok? Makes me think your HA zwave-js is not functioning right.

@CamCorp Think I found a good solution for per button nighttime and nitghttime brightness override. If you want to test it out here: Zen32-HA-Blueprint/ZEN32-control-track.yaml at d26815d806af3497bbc7b4c4702945d59bdb5c5d · rwalker777/Zen32-HA-Blueprint · GitHub

I’ve finally got a use case for this and gave it a whirl. I’m not sure why, but I’m not getting any trigger.

BP -2024.6.2
Switch is an 800LR.

Are there changes I need to make to the settings vs the fxlt blueprint that I’ve been previously using?

Updates and progress looks awesome BTW. I’m digging the folding sections (first updated BP I’ve looked at since the core update).

Edit - here’s an example event and my yaml

event
event_type: zwave_js_value_notification
data:
  domain: zwave_js
  node_id: 5
  home_id: 3702981746
  endpoint: 0
  device_id: 0b23ab7176ca1930b280979ce098d308
  command_class: 91
  command_class_name: Central Scene
  label: Scene 005
  property: scene
  property_name: scene
  property_key: "005"
  property_key_name: "005"
  value: KeyPressed
  value_raw: 0
origin: LOCAL
time_fired: "2024-06-18T03:14:28.690906+00:00"
context:
  id: 01J0MNDF6J6WQX7QP4NJNMAAGY
  parent_id: null
  user_id: null
yaml
alias: ZEN32 - Front Scones - State Tracking
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: rwalker777/ZEN32-control-track.yaml
  input:
    input_entity4: binary_sensor.thuja_power_sensor_binary
    zooz_switch: 0b23ab7176ca1930b280979ce098d308
    track_relay0: "1"
    scene_1:
      - choose:
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                entity_id: light.kitchen_cans
                state: "on"
            sequence:
              - service: light.turn_off
                metadata: {}
                data:
                  transition: 1
                target:
          - conditions:
              - condition: state
                state: "off"
            sequence:
              - service: adaptive_lighting.apply
                data:
                  entity_id: switch.adaptive_lighting_adapt_brightness_living_room
                  lights:
                    - light.kitchen_cans
                  transition: "1"
                  adapt_brightness: true
                  turn_on_lights: true
    input_entity2: binary_sensor.acer_power_sensor_binary
    off_state2: "99"
    off_state4: "99"
    scene_4:
      - service: input_button.press
        data: {}
        target:
          entity_id: input_button.wake_thuja
    scene_2:
      - service: input_button.press
        target:
          entity_id: input_button.wake_acer
    input_entity3: alarm_control_panel.alarm_control_panel
    on_color3: "3"
    scene_3:
      - service: script.button_down_the_house
    unavail_color3: "5"
    unavail_color4: "5"
    unavail_color2: "5"
    p24_relay_scene_control: "1"

I realized that a bunch of the configuration entities for LED color and indicator were still disabled by default. I enable them, which I didn’t expect to fix the problem, but did it preemptively guessing it was necessary for the blueprint to have control of them.

I added a second event data which was reaally unneeded, try the new version.

Just gave 2024.6.3-12 a try from your link a few posts up and still no event captured even though HA is seeing the event.

Ok, making progress…

Tried the 1-71 version above and after disabling and adding, its made a trace.

I’m gonna try the same with 3-1

Edit -

So, got this working with 2024.6.3-1. took a couple tries. What seemed to be the missing piece was that I needed entities listed on each button. Even an empty entity unrelated to the button I was working on seemed to stall it (i.e. top left was empty and bottom right didn’t work). Once I had an entity listed on each button it seemed to work.

After that I had some troubleshooting to do but that was on my end with the binary template I was using as my entity.

@Cake1468 I have at least 1 button each controller that is not defined and no issues. Try the latest 2024.6.4 release if you are on HA 2024.6. If you have any issues we can resolve.

Weird, same issue. It’s just not catching the event triggers. No errors in the core log either.

Is it an order thing? Mine with the missing entity is the top left button. The other three have entities.

2024.6.5 works with my same YAML, just not if I pull that one entity out. Not a big deal as it’s otherwise functioning and I really appreciate all the effort you put in. It’s a real time saver.

I’ve got two buttons set to monitor and start our office PCs from the house, and one to monitor and set the alarm system.

Do you have zero scenes defined at all and just tracking state? Do the scenes trigger and just the LED doesn’t update or nothing happens? What happens if you update the entity another way, does the LED update?

Do you mean actions by “scenes”? If so, all buttons have actions assigned to them.

No traces are generated in the automation.

I just tested by removing the entity from top left button and arming alarm from elsewhere which is the entity on bottom left button. No trace, and no LED change. I added the entity to the top left and upon save a trace was generated immediately (I’m guessing there’s a trigger to keep it updated).

If you want to paste your YAML or pm it, I can take a look. I just tested both with 1 button configured and all and it works fine for me.