Zooz ZEN72

Awesome. Thank you!

Guess I should have checked here before upgrading my firmware today as it broke the smart bulb control on all of them.

I’ll try editing the blueprints to match in a bit to see if that works. UPDATE - worked like a charm. Thank you for doing this. One interesting thing to note is that one of my ZEN72s that is still on 10.0.1 works with this new code as well.

For those using smart bulbs via automation, what should the switch entity in Home Assistant do when local control is disabled? Should it toggle on/off when physically pressed? Or always be on? I’ve got inconsistencies throughout my home between switches on this new firmware and the old one.

Of course it does! The value_raw data has always been there; the value data was just more human-readable.

1 Like

It seems like several of the Zooz switches (ZEN72, 32, 34 and possibly others) report the numerical codes (1, 2, 3…) vs the more readable strings (KeyPressed, KeyPressed2x, KeyHeldDown…) on both the value and value_raw on certain firmware revisions. Zooz has attributed this to how ZwaveJS is handling the backend, and has advised to use the value_raw instead of the value data as a more consistent way to trigger scenes properly.

The entities report the relay/dimmer states, not the button states. If you have local control disabled, button presses should not change the entity state, unless the relay/dimmer value is actually changed.

They are attributing this to the way ZwaveJS handles the value_raw data to obtain the value data, and advised taking the issue up with ZwaveJS. From her explanation, Zwave switches only report the value_raw data, and ZwaveJS extrapolates the value data from those fields.

Is this still working for everyone? I just found this now and when I configure the automation using this blueprint I don’t get the automation to trigger at all. I have a ZEN72 dimmer switch.

Check you Zwave logs. Are you getting the more human readable dimmer_up_1x, dimmer_up_2x, etc, or the raw 01, 03, etc values? I should have some time tomorrow to update the BP to use the raw values as some have reported earlier in the thread.

Im having the same issue as @pdawg17 today. I downloaded the blueprint last week and got around to configuring an automation today. I just wanted to set a x2 down paddle press to call a scene with a low dim setting. The automation does not get called. I changed my logging level to debug and im not seeing any dimmer_down_2x calls. I can provide logs if you need them.

You don’t have to increase log level. Just go to Developer Tools–>Events, and listen for zwave_js_value_notification events.

For a double tap, value should return either dimmer_down_2x or 03, while value_raw will always return 03.

I’m looking to make it so this switch can also control and dim smart bulbs simultaneously. I can do simple things like on/off but dimming just dims/brightens once and stops after that (while holding button)

If there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks in advance

Sounds like a Zwave switch config issue, most likely Parameter 20.

You can also see the logged event data if you go to the blueprint’s automation > Traces > Changed Variables. The event data is displayed under trigger.event.

I have 1 switch that wasn’t working because it sends integers even though it claims to be on the same firmware as the others, they all work after switching to value_raw though! I had to add the 3x handler and despite what their documentation says, the press and holds are swapped: 2 is hold, 1 is release. Here’s my action piece of the blueprint file:

action:
  - variables:
      scene_id: "{{ trigger.event.data.label }}"
      attribute_id: '{{ trigger.event.data.value_raw }}'
  - choose:
      - conditions: "{{ scene_id == 'Scene 001' }}"
        sequence:
        - choose:
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 0 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_up_1x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 3 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_up_2x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 4 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_up_3x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 5 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_up_4x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 6 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_up_5x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 2 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_up_hold
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 1 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_up_release
      - conditions: "{{ scene_id == 'Scene 002' }}"
        sequence: 
        - choose:
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 0 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_down_1x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 3 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_down_2x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 4 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_down_3x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 5 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_down_4x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 6 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_down_5x
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 2 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_down_hold
            - conditions: '{{ attribute_id == 1 }}'
              sequence: !input dimmer_down_release

Okay, I implemented the changes here, (Parameters 20&21) and the action script, but it still Isn’t working. I noticed that right after the button is held and is reported the switch sends a key released message. Is this hardware failure? Or is it fixable with software?

I’d like to accomplish the same thing and have a repeat loop occur on the hold up/down for dimming. Currently I’m only getting one increment each time I hold down the button. Can you elaborate where you’re putting the code you provided? I understand what it’s doing, but I’m a bit lost as to where it goes? Do I add to the blueprint or the automation yaml?

Thanks!

If it helps, I still need to do some more testing on the hold and release functionality, but after flipping through the multiple snippets and original script provided by @IOT_Ninja (THANK YOU!!), this seems to work with my new ZEN72:

For anyone looking, I just tested this with the Zen72 800LR and it does not work does work. I will have to rebuild your blueprint for that model if someone doesn’t get to it first. I haven’t been able to find any blueprint that matches.
See my later reply about how I got it to work: Zooz ZEN72 - #60 by Noblewolf

700/800 series version shouldn’t matter. If your switch is returning the raw value and not the data value, you can just use one of the other BPs posted in this thread.

Okay so I was going to say that this blueprint does not work with the “ZEN72 800LR” model, but in-fact it does! But, you have to enable Parameter 13 “Scene Control” in the switch settings like in the screenshot below:

I am new to z-wave everything so … yea. Learned something new about Zooz switches!

Also, @IOT_Ninja if you could please update your blueprint and title to include the model “ZEN72 800LR” I can confirm that everything I’ve tried has worked so far and I’ll be sure to post here if any of the actions do not work.

I mean that the model of the switch is not “ZEN72” it is “ZEN72 800LR” so it is a different model than the blueprints are looking for. I tried changing the blueprints to work with this switch by adding “ZEN72 800LR” to the blueprint selector, but it still did not work.

Product: Zooz 800 Series Z-Wave Long Range Dimmer ZEN72 800LR - The Smartest House

I’m unable to make this blueprint work for my LR version of the switches. I have that parameter enabled and firmware updated. Any suggestions?