Zwave connection to light switch pairing issue

I am moving over from homeseer to home assistant. I have a homeseer smartstick+ zwave. I had everything working (took me a while) but then trouble shooting something else and moving between snapshops on homeassitant. Nothing works. I had endless enities and devices which were all duplicates. I only have 5 light switches. I deleted the entities. But devices would not delete.

I have gone through unpairing, factory resetting the zoos light swtiches. re-adding nodes, healing network. I went as far as to move the zwave usb stick to my win10 machine and ran a reset on the usb stick. zwave tool. I know that there are files stored on the usb stick that could mess things up.

The only thing I see in the zwave integration is zwave.z_wave_sigma_designs_unknown_type_0003_id_0008 under node info
I put the stick back into homeseer program to see if it still worked. I was able to pair with that. So I factry reset the smartstick through homeseer app.

What am I doing wrong? Why is this so hard all of a sudden to repair to home assistant?

Ok, first things first, what zwave are you using on home assistant? The native one or the QT (beta) / addon one?

default one. zwave

Update. After many many attempts. I got one of the switches to show up. But i can turn light on and off once then nothing. I have to reboot the vm (hassio) to get it to work one time again.

Any errors in the log?

not that I can see. And the device that I added would work for a click or two then it would go dead. I finally got it to remove it self. Now I can’t add it again.

I am not sure if the picture will attach to this from my log

I had to reinstall to an older version. Looks like an update hosed it all.