ZWave CT100 Plus - 2GIG Technologies Unknown: type=6402, id=0100

The key to mine working was adding it to the manufacturer_specific.xml. I am not using Docker so I have no clue where to find it in that setup but if you do hopefully that will work for you too. Oddly it still doesn’t show in the zwave configuration panel node drop down and I have even added additional zwave switches since then but still not showing.

I’m also trying to set up a CT100 plus.

I’m a little lost because I’m not sure what entities I’m supposed to be seeing. My thermostat is recognized as:

<Manufacturer id="98" name="2GIG Technologies">
			<Product type="6402" id="100" name="Unknown: type=6402, id=0100" />

And the entities I get are (I named it “tstat_up”):

climate.tstat_up_cooling_1 Off
climate.tstat_up_cooling_1_2 Off
climate.tstat_up_dry_air Off
climate.tstat_up_dry_air_2 Off
climate.tstat_up_moist_air Off
climate.tstat_up_moist_air_2 Off
climate.tstat_up_unused_3 Off
climate.tstat_up_unused_3_2 Off

What is “dry air” and “moist air”? Are those types of heating modes or something? Or am I missing a heating mode?

I am not sure what people are talking about with “manufacturer_specific.xml” - I do not seem to have any such file.

My understanding is the “manufacturer_specific.xml” file is used when adding a new zwave device. If the device is listed it then points to another specific .xml file that provides the settings to set the device up properly. In my case my "product Type and Id were not listed in this file however by adding them to the file and having it mimic one that was there it then allowed it to add it correctly. It does look like yours is listed and looking in the “ct100.xml” specific file I see:

Product xmlns=‘http://code.google.com/p/open-zwave/’>
!-- This thermostat’s setpoint descriptions are 0 based, not 1 -->
CommandClass id=“67” base=“0” />

/Product>

This looks similar to mine where this command class was not being set properly and I wasn’t getting all my settings. If you see "base=“1"” for your command class 67 then it’s probably not right

I am using the AIO pre Dec2016 setup so my file is located under this path -> /srv/hass/hass_venv/lib/python3.5/site-packages/python_openzwave/ozw_config. Depending on how you set up HA (hasbian/hassio) will depend on where that file is.

Good luck!

Here is a snapshot of the “manufacturer_specific.xml” file for the 2GIG Technologies:

Manufacturer id=“0040” name=“2B Electronics”>
/Manufacturer>
Manufacturer id=“0098” name=“2GIG Technologies”>
Product type=“3200” id=“015e” name=“CT50e Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct50e.xml”/>
Product type=“1e10” id=“0158” name=“CT30 Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct30.xml”/>
Product type=“1e12” id=“015c” name=“CT30 Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct30.xml”/>
Product type=“1e12” id=“015e” name=“CT30 Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct30.xml”/>
Product type=“6401” id=“0105” name=“CT100 Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct100.xml”/>
Product type=“6401” id=“0107” name=“CT100 Thermostat USA” config=“2gig/ct100.xml”/>
Product type=“6402” id=“0100” name=“CT100 Plus Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct100.xml”/>
Product type=“6402” id=“0001” name=“CT100 Plus Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct100.xml”/>
Product type=“6501” id=“000b” name=“CT101 Thermostat (Iris)” config=“2gig/ct101.xml”/> I added this line
Product type=“6501” id=“000c” name=“CT101 Thermostat (Iris)” config=“2gig/ct101.xml”/>
Product type=“6501” id=“000d” name=“CT101 Thermostat” config=“2gig/ct101.xml”/>

1 Like

Ok, getting warmer. I did find manufacturer_specific.xml once you showed me where to look. Mine does not have an entry for “CT100 Plus Thermostat” like yours does. It has “CT100 Thermostat” only.

So my first suspicion is that python_openzwave and/or openzwave are not up to date. I seem to have

/lib/python3.5/site-packages/python_openzwave-0.4.0.35

I am not sure how to check my underlying openzwave library version.

Are these two dependencies automtically upgraded when I do an upgrade via

python3 -m pip install --upgrade homeassistant

?

I am not sure if they get upgraded however you should be able to add both the CT 100 Plus lines in that file, restart HA and try it re-add the thermostat. Looks like all of the CT100’s are pointing to the same ct100.xml file. Just verify you have the ct100.xml file in the 2gig folder.

I think I see. Match the type and id numbers to what were originally discovered, then point at that same file. Then exclude and reinclude?

Yes, restart HA after adding to the file then exclude and re-include the device

That did change things. Thanks! The entities I now have are:

climate.tstat_up_cooling_1	Off
climate.tstat_up_cooling_1_2	Off
climate.tstat_up_dry_air	Off
climate.tstat_up_dry_air_2	Off
climate.tstat_up_furnace	Off
climate.tstat_up_furnace_2	Off
climate.tstat_up_heating_1	Off
climate.tstat_up_heating_1_2	Off

I’m still unsure what these entities are and how to use them, however. The documentation on this seems pretty thin to nonexistent.

Long time reader, first time posting. I have been watching this topic since purchasing a CT100 Plus (product type=6402 id=0100) a few weeks back. The posts to date have been really helpful. I am running raspberry pi 3 with latest version of HASSIO (.60). I had same problem when including the CT100, there was no heating_1 entity. I followed the tips in this thread and adjusted the “manufacturer_specific.xml” and copied zwcfg_*.xml file over to HASSIO /config directory. Then another inclusion process, reboot, modify node id in zwcfg to the newest node id set by HA, remove any other nodes referencing the CT100 thermostat, and restart HA. I was able to see the entities.

After finally working through the initial issue, I could never get the thermostat to respond to a temp change on the heating entity. The many iterations, restarts, reboots, I was about ready to give up on the CT100 Plus. Before such drastic measures, I had noticed I was not getting the duplicate climate entities for cooling, furnace, heating, dry air. I dug into the zwcfg file and discovered there appears to be missing Instance 1 Values for the COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT. So I copied the Instance 2 lines (4 lines in total) and pasted directly above to become the Instance 1 Values. Also changed the units from “C” to F" while I was at it. After a final restart of HA, I was able to adjust the heating temp in HA and see the change on the CT100 screen. I hope this works for anyone else having problem. I assume cooling temp change will work also. Below is a snippet of my changes to zwcfg_*.xml. Now on the trying to figure out how to set 7-day schedule.

2 Likes

Sweet! Nice job musseto. Maybe I’ll have to revisit that thermostat. I didn’t have much time to tinker so I returned the CT100 and purchased the Emerson Sensi. I’m using it through Wink and it works beautifully. The downside is that (i believe) it requires an internet connection to work properly. Obviously, the z-wave CT100 solution would not which is why I will have to revisit this solution.

@musseto would it be possible for you to post your Node section for your CT100 Plus? What your provided helped, but I’m still unable to set my thermostat temp. I can see some of the states, but setting temp isn’t one of them. Thanks.

Sure, hopefully it will help resolve the problem. I haven’t touched this since my initial post. The thermostat is still in use today.

<Node id="29" name="" location="" basic="4" generic="8" specific="6" roletype="5" devicetype="4608" nodetype="0" type="General Thermostat V2" listening="true" frequentListening="false" beaming="true" routing="true" max_baud_rate="40000" version="4" query_stage="Complete">
		<Manufacturer id="98" name="2GIG Technologies">
			<Product type="6402" id="100" name="CT100 Plus Thermostat" />
		</Manufacturer>
		<CommandClasses>
			<CommandClass id="32" name="COMMAND_CLASS_BASIC" version="1" request_flags="5" mapping="64">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Instance index="2" endpoint="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="49" name="COMMAND_CLASS_SENSOR_MULTILEVEL" version="5" request_flags="1" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Instance index="3" endpoint="2" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Temperature" units="F" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="74.5" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="5" label="Relative Humidity" units="%" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="56" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="1" label="Temperature" units="F" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="74.5" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="5" label="Relative Humidity" units="%" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="56" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="3" index="1" label="Temperature" units="F" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="74.5" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="3" index="5" label="Relative Humidity" units="%" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="56" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="64" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_MODE" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="3" size="1">
					<Item label="Off" value="0" />
					<Item label="Heat" value="1" />
					<Item label="Cool" value="2" />
					<Item label="Auto" value="3" />
					<Item label="Heat Econ" value="11" />
					<Item label="Cool Econ" value="12" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="2" index="0" label="Mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="3" size="1">
					<Item label="Off" value="0" />
					<Item label="Heat" value="1" />
					<Item label="Cool" value="2" />
					<Item label="Auto" value="3" />
					<Item label="Heat Econ" value="11" />
					<Item label="Cool Econ" value="12" />
				</Value>
				<SupportedModes>
					<Mode index="0" label="Off" />
					<Mode index="1" label="Heat" />
					<Mode index="2" label="Cool" />
					<Mode index="3" label="Auto" />
					<Mode index="11" label="Heat Econ" />
					<Mode index="12" label="Cool Econ" />
				</SupportedModes>
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="66" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_OPERATING_STATE" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="string" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Operating State" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="Idle" />
				<Value type="string" genre="user" instance="2" index="0" label="Operating State" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="Idle" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="67" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_SETPOINT" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true" base="0">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Heating 1" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="69" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="Cooling 1" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="75" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="7" label="Furnace" units="C" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="0.0" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="1" index="8" label="Dry Air" units="C" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="0.0" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="1" label="Heating 1" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="69" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="2" label="Cooling 1" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="75" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="7" label="Furnace" units="C" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="0.0" />
				<Value type="decimal" genre="user" instance="2" index="8" label="Dry Air" units="C" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="0.0" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="68" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_FAN_MODE" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Fan Mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Item label="Auto Low" value="0" />
					<Item label="On Low" value="1" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="2" index="0" label="Fan Mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Item label="Auto Low" value="0" />
					<Item label="On Low" value="1" />
				</Value>
				<SupportedModes>
					<Mode index="0" label="Auto Low" />
					<Mode index="1" label="On Low" />
				</SupportedModes>
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="69" name="COMMAND_CLASS_THERMOSTAT_FAN_STATE" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="string" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Fan State" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="Idle" />
				<Value type="string" genre="user" instance="2" index="0" label="Fan State" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="Idle" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="90" name="COMMAND_CLASS_DEVICE_RESET_LOCALLY" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="94" name="COMMAND_CLASS_ZWAVEPLUS_INFO" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="ZWave+ Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="1" />
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="1" index="1" label="InstallerIcon" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="4608" />
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="1" index="2" label="UserIcon" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="4608" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="system" instance="2" index="0" label="ZWave+ Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="2" index="1" label="InstallerIcon" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="0" />
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="2" index="2" label="UserIcon" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="0" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="system" instance="3" index="0" label="ZWave+ Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="3" index="1" label="InstallerIcon" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="0" />
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="3" index="2" label="UserIcon" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="0" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="96" name="COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_INSTANCE/CHANNEL" version="4" request_flags="1" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="112" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CONFIGURATION" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="1" label="Temperature Reporting Threshold" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="4" vindex="2" size="1">
					<Help>The Temperature Reporting Threshold Configuration Set Command sets the reporting threshold for changes in the ambient temperature as detected by the thermostat.</Help>
					<Item label="Disabled" value="0" />
					<Item label="0.5F" value="1" />
					<Item label="1.0F" value="2" />
					<Item label="1.5F" value="3" />
					<Item label="2.0F" value="4" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="2" label="HVAC Settings" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="2147483647" vindex="0" size="4">
					<Help>Bits 0 - 7 -&gt; HVAC Setup: Normal (0x01) or Heat Pump (0x02) Bits 8 - 11 -&gt; Number of Auxiliary Stages (Heat Pump) / Number of Heat Stages (Normal) Bits 12 - 15 -&gt; Aux Setup: Gas (0x01) or Electric (0x02) Bits 16 - 23 -&gt; Number of Heat Pump Stages Bits 24 - 31 -&gt; Number of Cool Stages</Help>
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="17891585" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="34668801" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="18940161" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="35717377" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="17957121" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="34734337" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="19005697" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 1" value="35782913" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="17891841" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="34669057" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="18940417" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="35717633" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="17957377" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="34734593" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="19005953" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 1" value="35783169" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="17891586" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="34668802" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="18940162" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="35717378" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="17957122" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="34734338" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="19005698" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 1, Cool Stages: 2" value="35782914" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="17891842" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="34669058" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="18940418" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Gas, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="35717634" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="17957378" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 1, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="34734594" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Normal, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="19005954" />
					<Item label="HVAC: Heat Pump, Aux Stages: 2, Aux Setup: Elec, Heat Pump Stages: 2, Cool Stages: 2" value="35783170" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="3" label="Utility Lock" units="" read_only="false" write_only="true" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>The Utility Lock Configuration Set command enables or disables the utility lock. If the utility lock is enabled, the setpoint cannot be modified directly via the thermostat screen.</Help>
					<Item label="Disable" value="0" />
					<Item label="Enable" value="1" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="4" label="C-Wire/Battery Status" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="1" max="2" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>1 -&gt; C-Wire 2 -&gt; Battery</Help>
					<Item label="C-Wire" value="1" />
					<Item label="Battery" value="2" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="5" label="Humidity Reporting Threshold" units="% RH" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="3" vindex="2" size="1">
					<Help>The Humidity Reporting Threshold Configuration Set Command sets the reporting threshold for changes in the relative humidity as detected by the thermostat.</Help>
					<Item label="3" value="1" />
					<Item label="5" value="2" />
					<Item label="10" value="3" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="6" label="Auxiliary/Emergency heat" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>The Auxiliary/Emergency configuration command enables or disables auxiliary / emergency heating in the thermostat. Auxiliary / emergency heating is only available if the thermostat is configured in heat pump mode and with at least one stage of auxiliary heating. This command enables auxiliary / emergency heating when the thermostat is in Auto mode. The Thermostat Set Mode command with mode Auxiliary/Emergency Heat will enable emergency heating but only if the thermostat is in Heat mode. This command should only be used on thermostats that support Auxiliary/Emergency Heat thermostat mode.</Help>
					<Item label="Enabled" value="1" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="7" label="Thermostat Swing Temperature" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="1" max="8" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>Thermostat Swing Temperature configuration command sets the maximum allowed difference between ambient temperature and the set temperature.</Help>
					<Item label="0.5F" value="1" />
					<Item label="1.0F" value="2" />
					<Item label="1.5F" value="3" />
					<Item label="2.0F" value="4" />
					<Item label="2.5F" value="5" />
					<Item label="3.0F" value="6" />
					<Item label="3.5F" value="7" />
					<Item label="4.0F" value="8" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="8" label="Thermostat Differential Temperature" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="2" max="32767" vindex="0" size="2">
					<Help>(Set Only) The Thermostat Differential Temperature configuration command sets the differential temperature for multi-stage HVAC systems. The differential temperature delta defines when the thermostat will turn on additional stages. There are two differential temperatures, one for multistage cool systems and one for multistage heat systems. If the thermostat is not configured for multistage HVAC systems then these parameters have no effect.</Help>
					<Item label="2.0F Heat" value="4" />
					<Item label="3.0F Heat" value="6" />
					<Item label="4.0F Heat" value="8" />
					<Item label="5.0F Heat" value="10" />
					<Item label="6.0F Heat" value="12" />
					<Item label="2.0F Cool" value="260" />
					<Item label="3.0F Cool" value="262" />
					<Item label="4.0F Cool" value="264" />
					<Item label="5.0F Cool" value="266" />
					<Item label="6.0F Cool" value="268" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="9" label="Thermostat Recovery Mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="1" max="2" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>The Thermostat Recovery Mode configuration command sets the HVAC recovery mode type. The recovery mode determines when additional HVAC stages are turned off as the ambient temperature returns to the target temperature. If the recovery mode is set to economy, the thermostat will turn off additional HVAC stages when the ambient temperature reaches the target temperature plus/minus the differential temperature. If the recovery mode is set to fast, the thermostat will leave all stages on (assuming they were already on) until the ambient temperature reaches the target temperature.</Help>
					<Item label="Fast" value="1" />
					<Item label="Economy" value="2" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="raw" genre="config" instance="1" index="10" label="Temperature Reporting Filter" units="F" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="32767" value="" length="0">
					<Help>The Temperature Reporting Filter configuration command sets upper and lower bounds of the ambient temperature reporting. The thermostat won&apos;t report ambient temperature changes if the ambient temperature falls between these bounds. For example, if the upper bound is 80F and the lower bound is 60F, the thermostat will not send SENSOR_MULTI_LEVEL_REPORTS for ambient temperature values between 60F and 80F. The thermostat will only send ambient temperature changes if the thermostat has been added to an association group (see Command Class Association) and the temperature reporting threshold is non-zero (see Temperature Reporting Threshold). Input in hexadecimal only like so: 0x09 0x05 0x09 0x0A. It must always have four 1 byte sized numbers. The first two bytes control the lower temperature bound for the Temperature Reporting Filter the last two control the upper temperature bound. The first byte in the byte pair always refers to temperature scale (Celsius 0x01 or Fahrenheit 0x09). While the second byte in each byte pair is the bound temperature. The max/min temp you can use is 127 degrees. To convert decimal to hex goto: https://www.binaryhexconverter.com/decimal-to-hex-converter or you can use the built in Windows calculator program in Programmer mode. If you mess up your thermostat copy and paste 0x09 0x00 0x09 0x00 (for a F Thermostat) or 0x01 0x00 0x01 0x00 (for a C Thermostat). This will remove any bounds.</Help>
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="11" label="Simple UI Mode" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="1" size="1">
					<Help>Simple UI Mode Enable/Disable</Help>
					<Item label="Enable" value="0" />
					<Item label="Disable" value="1" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="12" label="Multicast" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="1" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>Multicasting Enable/Disable</Help>
					<Item label="Enabled" value="1" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="list" genre="config" instance="1" index="14" label="Save Energy Mode Type" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="1" max="255" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Help>1 -&gt; Adjust by target delta 2 -&gt; Least consuming point in the running program 3 -&gt; Save energy absolute setpoint 255 -&gt; Save Energy not supported</Help>
					<Item label="Adjust by target delta" value="1" />
					<Item label="Least consuming point" value="2" />
					<Item label="Save energy absolute setpoint" value="3" />
					<Item label="Save Energy not supported" value="255" />
				</Value>
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="114" name="COMMAND_CLASS_MANUFACTURER_SPECIFIC" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="115" name="COMMAND_CLASS_POWERLEVEL" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Powerlevel" units="dB" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Item label="Normal" value="0" />
					<Item label="-1dB" value="1" />
					<Item label="-2dB" value="2" />
					<Item label="-3dB" value="3" />
					<Item label="-4dB" value="4" />
					<Item label="-5dB" value="5" />
					<Item label="-6dB" value="6" />
					<Item label="-7dB" value="7" />
					<Item label="-8dB" value="8" />
					<Item label="-9dB" value="9" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="system" instance="1" index="1" label="Timeout" units="seconds" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
				<Value type="button" genre="system" instance="1" index="2" label="Set Powerlevel" units="" read_only="false" write_only="true" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="system" instance="1" index="3" label="Test Node" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
				<Value type="list" genre="system" instance="1" index="4" label="Test Powerlevel" units="dB" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Item label="Normal" value="0" />
					<Item label="-1dB" value="1" />
					<Item label="-2dB" value="2" />
					<Item label="-3dB" value="3" />
					<Item label="-4dB" value="4" />
					<Item label="-5dB" value="5" />
					<Item label="-6dB" value="6" />
					<Item label="-7dB" value="7" />
					<Item label="-8dB" value="8" />
					<Item label="-9dB" value="9" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="1" index="5" label="Frame Count" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="0" />
				<Value type="button" genre="system" instance="1" index="6" label="Test" units="" read_only="false" write_only="true" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" />
				<Value type="button" genre="system" instance="1" index="7" label="Report" units="" read_only="false" write_only="true" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" />
				<Value type="list" genre="system" instance="1" index="8" label="Test Status" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="0" size="1">
					<Item label="Failed" value="0" />
					<Item label="Success" value="1" />
					<Item label="In Progress" value="2" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="short" genre="system" instance="1" index="9" label="Acked Frames" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="-32768" max="32767" value="0" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="128" name="COMMAND_CLASS_BATTERY" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Battery Level" units="%" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="100" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="2" index="0" label="Battery Level" units="%" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="100" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="129" name="COMMAND_CLASS_CLOCK" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Day" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="4" size="1">
					<Item label="Monday" value="1" />
					<Item label="Tuesday" value="2" />
					<Item label="Wednesday" value="3" />
					<Item label="Thursday" value="4" />
					<Item label="Friday" value="5" />
					<Item label="Saturday" value="6" />
					<Item label="Sunday" value="7" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="1" label="Hour" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="20" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="2" label="Minute" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="43" />
				<Value type="list" genre="user" instance="2" index="0" label="Day" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" vindex="4" size="1">
					<Item label="Monday" value="1" />
					<Item label="Tuesday" value="2" />
					<Item label="Wednesday" value="3" />
					<Item label="Thursday" value="4" />
					<Item label="Friday" value="5" />
					<Item label="Saturday" value="6" />
					<Item label="Sunday" value="7" />
				</Value>
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="2" index="1" label="Hour" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="20" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="2" index="2" label="Minute" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="43" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="133" name="COMMAND_CLASS_ASSOCIATION" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Associations num_groups="1">
					<Group index="1" max_associations="2" label="Lifeline" auto="true" multiInstance="true">
						<Node id="1" />
					</Group>
				</Associations>
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="134" name="COMMAND_CLASS_VERSION" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="string" genre="system" instance="1" index="0" label="Library Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="3" />
				<Value type="string" genre="system" instance="1" index="1" label="Protocol Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="4.24" />
				<Value type="string" genre="system" instance="1" index="2" label="Application Version" units="" read_only="true" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="0" value="10.07" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="135" name="COMMAND_CLASS_INDICATOR" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="1" index="0" label="Indicator" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
				<Value type="byte" genre="user" instance="2" index="0" label="Indicator" units="" read_only="false" write_only="false" verify_changes="false" poll_intensity="0" min="0" max="255" value="0" />
			</CommandClass>
			<CommandClass id="142" name="COMMAND_CLASS_MULTI_CHANNEL_ASSOCIATION" version="1" request_flags="5" innif="true">
				<Instance index="1" />
				<Associations num_groups="1">
					<Group index="1" max_associations="2" label="Lifeline" auto="true" multiInstance="true">
						<Node id="1" />
					</Group>
				</Associations>
			</CommandClass>
		</CommandClasses>
	</Node>
1 Like

Thanks, we’ll have to see when I get back to this as I spent all day yesterday fighting with it without success. I’ve moved it back to my Vera which I’m trying to eliminate. It’s working fine there. On HA I get a slew of devices and sensors and even with your above edit I still don’t have a set temperature sensor and none of the other things will interact with it at all. Once added I never see the z-wave controller send anything to it yet a heal node or network does occur. My device is a Radio Thermostat version with a 001 ID, but in the zwcfg file it’s listed as 100. Changing it makes no difference either. Frustrating to say the least.

So I finally got over the aggravation of trying to get this thing setup previously and finally found a block of time to look into this again. I got it added again and it appeared to be working, but I opted to shutdown and use the z-wave config @musseto provided above. Restarted and had to reconfigure my references to the thermostat, but all appears to be working now. Thus after nearly 18-months, I’ve finally migrated everything off my old Vera 3 and I’m running entirely off of my z-wave stick on HA. :slightly_smiling_face: